Kaspersky Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm wondering if it is Adequate enough to just have Kaspersky IS 7 just scan my C: Drive instead of enabling everything else o_O When you click on the magnifying glass where it says scan, as there are other check boxes for Documents and mail databases. In the Critical areas System memory/Startup objects/Disk boot sectors/C:Windows and C:Windows\system32 are checked.
    In My Computer, System memory/Startup objects/System backup storeage/Mail databases/All Hard Drives and All Removeable drives are checked and greyed out.
    In Startup objects, System memory/Startup objects and Disk Boot Sectors are checked
    and in Rootkit Scan, My Computer is checked.

In the setting\Scan Window I have everything checked to do not prompt and to disinfect and delete auromatically, and only My Computer checked as run mode at 10:30pm each Friday. is this sufficient? or do I need to enable something else o_O

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Have you made some tweak lately? Because I also have KAV 7 (don't know exactly about KIS) with default settings and:

*In the Critical areas System memory/Startup objects/Disk boot sectors/C:Windows and C:Windows\system32: everything is checked.
    *In My Computer, System memory/Startup objects/System backup storeage/Mail databases/All Hard Drives/All Removeable drives and All Network Drives: everything but 'all network drives' is checked and active (not greyed out).
    *In Startup objects, System memory/Startup objects and Disk Boot Sectors: everything is checked.
    *In Rootkit Scan: My Computer is checked.

These settings differs a bit from yours. I customized these only for proxy server, update, reports and appearance.

3. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

entries are grayed out when the scan is running as far as i can recall

4. fce

fce Registered Member

same here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.