Kaspersky PURE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Ive always loved Kaspersky's AV and IS suites. How is PURE? Is it based off the same KIS suite or is it starting to implement cloud technologies?

2. icr

icr Registered Member

Its is based on Kaspersky 2010 version plus some additional features like tuneup krypto storage and so on....:)

Have just tried once well didn't go down well for me coz I was never interested in other non AV related features

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Kaspersky PURE uses exact same engine as of Kaspersky Antivirus (version 2010). Kaspersky Lab products use cloud technologies (KSN) for HIPS (risk calculation and classification of programs) as well as reporting suspicious files to Kaspersky Lab. In addition to antivirus, it includes some other components (internet security suite components, encryption, password management, performance tuning, and backup). Simply it is combination of the best technologies from Kaspersky Lab. Therefore, it is all in one suite for complete protection.

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

So really KAV is where its at as I dont need backup, tune up, or encryption.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

If you want to use third party Firewall/Windows Firewall, then KAV (2011) is enough, else consider KIS 2011 (11.0.1.400a).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.