Kaspersky Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi there anyone know the best settings for Kaspersky Pro!!..I Had to change from Trend As trend missed 2 worms strange!! Thanks..MD :eek:

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The "Recommended" configurations of the Real Time protection and the On-Demand Scan in the Settings Window are the ones that Kaspersky prefer most users to operate with.

But I would use the "Maximum" settings for at least some of your on-demand scanning.

However, the best setting for the KAV Monitor may be the "High Speed" setting for an old/gaming machine.

Here and here are some recommended settings for KAV 5 (Personal) which may be relevant to your situation.

But if you are just trialing the Pro version, the Personal version is cheaper and probably the best version for a Home user.

Further, take into account that both versions are due to merge into KAV 6 in the near future.

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Thanks Black cat Kaspersky Pro is great..Way better then Trend 2005..Not as nearly sluggish either!! Scan is slow but oh well Thought kaspersky might be slow and sluggish but when not scanning seems ok and cant hear any resources going?? ..It found My search crap in firefox etc...now the pc runs smooth again...Happy Camper here!! MD

Btw when i alter settings it says real time scanner duznt match recommended settings with yellow explimation mark? then i hit restore defaults green tick?? how i change thato_O o_O

Omg i cant get over how fast my pc is nowo_O Kaspersky rocks

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You can't unfortunately :(

If you change any value from the "recommended" ones in the Protection and Settings Windows, then the green icons change to the yellow triangles.

I would not worry too much about this as MOST users of KAV Personal and Pro have some of these "not recommended" yellow settings. I have four out of six in my first 2 Windows!!
    Good to hear it is working as it should on your computer ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.