Kaspersky pro version 5 any news on its release?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Socio, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

The last I heard Kaspersky's Personnel Pro version 5.0 was going to be released this month. From what I understand it will be a major upgrade to the 4.x version much like the non-pro Personnel 5.0 version was to it's 4x version.

So does anyone know anything about its release? We still on for some time this month?

Thanks!

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I don't know the release schedule, but here's some reasonable speculation.

The rollout schedule was/is KAV 5.0 Personal, KAV 5.0 Workstation (Business Optimal group) and finally, KAV 5.0 Personal Pro. This basically reflect the feature set progression. One thing to realize is that while KAV WS looked like KAV Personal with network support at the 4.5 version level, from the beta test versions that I've used, it's a lot closer to the Pro variant at the 5.0 version level. That should mean the time to release between KAV WS and KAV Pro should be shorter than that between KAV Personal and KAV WS, which is already a few months.

KAV WS 5.0 is still in beta, although the last version released was termed a release candidate, see here
    That candidate has been out for about a month, so I'd guess that the formal release of KAV WS 5.0 should occur within the next 4 or so weeks, assuming no major glitches have appeared on the way. Once that is out, KAV 5.0 Pro should see a beta release (none have appeared yet), and 1-2 months after that, the full release should be available.

I'd casually guess mid-late November at the earliest, but that's a guess made from afar based on the timing of KAV Personal and KAV WS.

As far as the early timeline slipping, recall that a number of issues cropped up after the release of KAV 5.0 Personal (some infrequent bugs, the whole ADS issue, etc.), that does appear to have slowed progress on the two follow-on products. Perhaps someone from KL could comment on the rough timing projected at this point.

Blue

3. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I will look for it in a couple months.

4. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

FYI I received an email from Kaspersky. They said this month. Granted, as blue said, ETA is entirely driven by not only development efforts and hitting dev complete mileston, but internal and external testing.

5. Igor Kurzin

Igor Kurzin Guest

Hi, Blue! :)

We expect release of Personal Pro at the same time as KAV 5.0 WKS. It sounds fantastic, but probably KAV 5.0 Personal Pro will be in the market in October.

Regards,
    Igor Kurzin.

6. tazdevl

Boom. Straight from the horse's proverbial mouth.

7. Socio

Socio Registered Member

You got that right!

I will be looking forward to giving Pro a go next month! :D

8. Igor Kurzin

Igor Kurzin Guest

Hey, sad news. Our managers decided that release of 5.0 WKS should be postponed for some time. They need to add some functionality and correct some minor issues.

Regards,
    Igor Kurzin.

9. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I sure hope they add a feature to scan in safe mode. It is good to have when you are working on a customer computer to check for virus.

10. tazdevl

Igor, I assume this includes Personal Pro no?

11. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I spoke to KAV sales department yesterday and they said KAV personal pro will be released in Nov. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chris

12. the mul

the mul Registered Member

13. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

does any 1 know if KAV 5 will be any faster?

14. tazdevl

KAV 5 Personal is already out. My guess is that Pro will have about the same impact on your system as personal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.