Kaspersky Personal Pro 4.5.0.97 - Tray icons

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JLamy, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLamy

JLamy Registered Member

Hello.
    I was wondering, is there any setting I can use to control what system tray icons turn up from Kaspersky AV? There appears to be NO setting for this in the config pages. When I installed this AV the first time I opted for everything including the Control Centre. After reboot, I get only the Control Centre icon in the system tray and no icon for the AV Monitor, even though its reported to be running in the Control Centre. The second time I installed was on a fresh install of Windows XP, I chose to install everything excluding the Control Centre. After reboot I now only have the AV Monitor's icon. After a few hours I decided to put the Control Centre module in, using the Modify installation from Windows Add/Remove progs. Rebooted, NOW I have both AV Monitor and Control Centre icons in system tray. I only want 1 icon for the AV as it taking up space. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have just one question, which icon do u want to keep?.

THE MUL

3. JLamy

JLamy Registered Member

The Control Centre I guess, as the AV Monitor icon offers no real use apart from enabling/disabling the scanner.

4. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

If u're on XP. just set the AV monitor icon to "ALWAYS HIDE" from taskbar's settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.