Kaspersky personal 5.0.156 stupid intermediate screen

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by magoood, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Is it possible to get rid of this intermediate useless stupid confirmation window so as to get the progam's module run immediately and scan the requested file(s). It makes me :mad:

This confirmation is due to the fact that i have disabled KAV from startup (2 save memory and also coz i really do not need the real time protection. just the on-demand scanner is enough 4 me after a full scan of the HDD)

THANKS

http://tinypic.com/dskg8

EDIT: there is another issue...
    In the troubleshooting section of the "On demand scanner", i have disabled the:
    1. disk boot sector
    2. startup items
    3.system memory

But i always notice that KAV still do these things whenever it starts up. Is this a bug or something ?

One last question: does the recently released personal pro version void of these issues ? i might think of a switch coz my trial period has not ended yet

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

3. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

as far as i know, you cannot setup KAV5 whether personal or pro to be just an on-demand scanner without that kind of hassle (loading KAV everytime you do a scan, then terminating it afterwards)...

you can do that in the 4.5 version because you can simply select what components you would like to install unlike in the version 5 where the components is a single application...

4. magoood

magoood Registered Member

what about v5.0.388 ? does it still have this issue?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.