Kaspersky or ZoneAlarm AV????

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by haganmd, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haganmd

haganmd Registered Member

I am currently using the trial version of Kaspersky AV but my days are numbered and I need to decide if I want keep it or opt for another:doubt: ...
    I have been reading alot of the different forums trying to make an informed decision... I haven't really had any problems using the Kaspersky AV except for an occassional freeze of my pc... I had problems trying to create the rescue disk and so have not yet done it. If I do decide to stay w/Kaspersky AV I'll get it figured out.. I have a question that I am hoping someone can shed some light on for me... I read in one of the other forums that even though Kaspersky was good at detecting and cleaning viruses it was from the other side of the iron curtain and to remember that is where most of the good hackers come from as wello_Oo_O?? Is that a concern I need to considero_O I've used McAfee, didn't like, and the last security software before trying Kaspersky AV was Symantec (Norton) which I liked even less... The 2007 Security Pkg would not work with the new IE7.
    So should I stay w/Kaspersky or try ZoneAlarm, or NOD32 or....?? I think I read somewhere that ZoneAlarm uses the Kaspersky AV, not sure if that is correct... Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated... I am looking for just an AV software but one that includes an antispam feature would be great...:D

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i would wait till kis7.0 comes out in a few weeks and try that.
    but nod32 is also a good choice.
    lodore

3. haganmd

You like NOD32 better than ZoneAlarm??

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

No. Some of the best software and programmers come from the "Eastern Bloc" countries. AV's prominent in that area ( KAV, Dr Web, VBA32, NOD etc) need to be good because of the high number of hackers in that region.
    Best to try the ones you are interested on your machine. Personally I would choose KAV and NOD over Zone Alarm. Both Kaspersky and NOD have stable betas/Technical Releases of their suites out at present with an Anti-Spam feature which you could try.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NIS 2007 should have no problems with IE7. I think you should look into this further. Having said that my choice between ZoneAlarm and KIS would be KIS. After all why settle for a signed print when you can have the original art work.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

NIS 2007, KIS 7 and ZASS 7 are all good products...
    How they run on your system + Look&Feel are decisive factors, the only way to know is to try them... Both NIS and ZASS have trials for this purpose.

And have a good backup/restore strategy between trials....

I am running ZASS 7 on two systems and ZASS VISTA beta on one with no problems...

Cheers,
    Fax

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In my personal opinion, ZoneAlarm AV is more polished as a product than Kaspersky. That doesn't necessarily mean its better than KAV, as ZoneAlarm's AV has very few configuration options, and also lacks iStreams, iSwift and iChecker technologies, which may or may not matter to you.

Also I have a few reservations about ZoneAlarm's support, not that its bad but because of some "strange" (in the sense "weird") answers I received from them. But again, your mileage will vary! :)

8. Maysky

Maysky Registered Member

ZoneAlarm Version 7 with Kaspersky AV is still quite buggy.

I would stay away from any version of ZoneAlarm with Anti-Virus right now if your system is not super clean or freshly installed.

KAV 6 is quite stable right now. If you're having problem with it, then I would definitely stay away from ZASS or ZAAV and try other AVs first.

---

9. haganmd

Still trying to decide which AV I want to use:doubt: Now I'm wondering about VIRUSfighter Proo_O Any feedback on that AV protectiono_O I read some posts but they were old and there were not many thoughts yet... Thanks for any input..:D

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Its basically Norman rebranded. Not a bad AV but you're better off IMO with the original Norman product. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.