Kaspersky notifications appear in middle of screen

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Austerity, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

I've had KIS installed a few days, and have it set to untrusted for the application control. When I first installed it, the notifications were at the bottom right.

They are now intrusively popping up squarely in the middle of the screen. You can move them back down to the bottom right, but they just come back in the middle.

Anyone know how to fix? I have already purchased this but feel like I was a bit happier with NOD32/ESS or WSA.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

You probably ran something that changed the resolution of your screen to something lower and it repositioned it for the smaller resolution. When it went back to the normal size it probably saved those coordinates as the position where it comes up now. Not sure how to fix. I assume you have rebooted the machine since this started?

3. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

Yes. I have uninstalled KIS, deleted all remains, cleared out registry, rebooted and then reinstalled and they still appear in the middle of the screen.

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

KIS 2014 has been officially released in the USA..

Try it, maybe that will resolve the problem. If you use Fire Fox don't try it. It's totally buggy with FF 23.

I have a couple of weeks left on my KIS license so I gave it a try (I have recently been using the Demo BD IS).

KIS 2014 will not allow FF 23 to function properly. I have uninstalled it after 45 minutes of use.

It's not updated for FF23 but in the past that only meant certain browser plug-ins were not compatible. This new KIS would not allow me to use Google search or access my email. A bit buggy I would say IMHO.

5. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

hawki,

Will it work with FF 22 ?

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It still doesn't work with 24. I haven't tried 22 but I have doubts. I just installed KIS 2014 yesterday and was liking it so far, but since I am a Firefox user... is there not one IS package without some major flaw!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.