Kaspersky, NOD32, or BitDefender?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hrdgz, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrdgz

hrdgz Registered Member

I am looking for an antivirus program (not a suite) and I have narrowed my choices to Kaspersky, NOD32, and BitDefender. I would like anyone's opinion on which one you feel is better and why. I am running ZA Pro 6.5.737.000 as my firewall on Win XP Home Edition sp 2. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Any one of the above can beat each other on their day. I would say Nod32 because it is less likely to cause any compatiblity problems.

3. probprince

probprince Registered Member

As for me, I had a bad experience with NOD32, as all the processes wouldn't work properly and there was a memory leak problem. But that was just for me and many users here have no prob. with it.

I used KAV for two years and it never gave me a problem. Kinda harsh on the resources but new versions are better and plus, with the beast hardware today, shouldn't feel a thing. Just my 2 cents.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

hrdgz,

Welcome to the forums.

I would suggest you read the already existing comparisons on antivirus programs that are throughout the other antivirus forum.

The best way to decide on a program is to trial the ones you like and then decide.

Please see this post.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.