Kaspersky Licence Install

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by buckshee, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

A local store (FutureShop - owned by BestBuy) is offering a boxed Kaspersky 2010 (3 users) for Can$30
    However, I still have 7 months left on my existing AV. Can I buy it now, keep it for 7 months, install it and register and get 1 year use from installation date ?
    Obviously Kasoersky won't know when I bought it but as 2011 will have been out for 7 months before I register 2010 I didn't know if that would be an issue

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

You can use a 2010 licence with KIS/KAV 2011.

3. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

I'm not sure, but I think you can do this with boxed versions- someone else has to confirm though (I know that's not possible with licenses bought online).

4. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

King Grub - That's not the question I asked - I wanted to know if I can wait 7 months to install and register KAS 2010 and still get 1 years use even though 2011 is out

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You can do either install 2010 or install 2011 using the same key. What you need to establish if the key will be valid in 7 months time. It most probably will be but maybe best check with Kaspersky customer services

6. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

My experience doesn't exactly mirror yours because I didn't have an existing license, but I bought a boxed version of KAV2009 late last year and it sat on a shelf until I registered it last month. I didn't have any problems using the license code with either KAV2010 or KAV2011 - it gave me the full 365 days from the day I activated it.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The license countdown start from first activation. If it is 3 user they all start with the activation of the first machine. If you bought a 2010 license now it shouldn't have any problems activating now or several months down the road. If you tried to activate a version 6 or 7 license at this point you may have issues, but a recent one is no problem.

8. xandros

xandros Registered Member

i agree coz my friend make it and its working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.