kaspersky (KIS) - block incoming only OR outgoing only?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by kman1, Jul 31, 2017.

1. kman1

kman1 Registered Member

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 17. I am trying to understand it better. I would like to know how to:

1. Block incoming connections only
    and
    2. Block outgoing connections only

For some applications, this seems easy. I just go into "Firewall Settings", click "Configure application rules", and then I right-click on whatever group I would like to place the application into. In this version of Kaspersky, there are four categories and they are Trusted, Low Restricted, High Restricted, and Untrusted.

I assume I just place everything that isn't automatically recognized by Kaspersky into the Untrusted category. But there is one application that I would like block outgoing connections to and it is listed in the Trusted category. I added a rule called "Network rule No. 4" that denies all outbound connections for any address.

But there are already three rules that Kaspersky automatically made for this application and they are all named "All Network Activity". They are all the same in that all Inbound and Outbound connections are allowed for subnet address but they differ in that the fields for their respective "Network type" is not the identical. One is Public Network, one is Trusted Network and then last one is Local network.

With all this said, what do I do to ensure that all outgoing connections are blocked for this particular application?

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

you have inbound connections? are you using a router or modem? - modem: possible - router not.

they way using firewalls is not black and white, its grey.

3. kman1

kman1 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.