Kaspersky IS password safe?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T_Durden, Feb 12, 2015.

1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I am looking for a reliable and safe as possible password protection app but see kaspersky offers something similar in their KIS 2015. Would one recommend using one that is part of a suite and if not suggest an alternative stand alone program to store and create passwords?

2. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

actually it isn't a password manager, just a virtual keyboard to bypass keystroke monitoring. You should give a try on KPM here: kaspersky.com/password-manager

3. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I may be thinking of the money safe app that comes with it which does offer to store passwords, credit info etc.. Not looking to store credit info just a password manager like keypaas or one along those lines since it does not sound like KIS is ideal. Thanks for the help and any other help you may offer

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Kaspersky used to sell a password manager based on StickyPassword. If that is what they still offer it is better to just buy StickyPassword since it gets updated more often. KeyPass and LastPass are also good choices.

5. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I got hosed by Sticky.. Purchased it, a few days later they came out with new version, and wanted to charge me 50% upgrade fee even after I explained my situation. Sold the license on Ebay immediately. All Kaspersky did was rebrand Sticky Password, nothing more really.

6. DanL

DanL Registered Member

As stated above, KeyPass and LastPass are good choices. I'm currently using RoboForm and it works well for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.