Kaspersky IS 2013 still have problems with IE10 on X64?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nine9s, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Thinking about going Kaspersky but keep learning about problems while researching it. For example, per http://support.kaspersky.com/9864
    and some forum posts, it seems to have problems with Windows 7 X64 and IE10. I mainly use Chrome but I do have IE10 on Windows 7 x64.

Anyone know if this problem still exists or has Kaspersky fixed it (I find nothing on its website stating if it has just the initial bulletin linked above)?

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I removed IE 10 from my systems and reverted to V9. I don't think there has been a fix, and I am not going to IE 10 until I am sure. I had problems with it in both Avast Pro and KIS 2013.

Jerry

3. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Do you think it is okay if you do not use IE10. It is on my computer but rarely if ever use it.

4. kwg

kwg Registered Member

In my experience, KIS2013 works perfectly well with IE10. I use IE10 on Windows 7 x64 throughout every day without any problem.

Kaspersky issued a bulletin about a problem just four days ago and indicates that the problem occurs only in "limited situations." Apparently, KIS2013 and IE10, which were both released months ago, have been working together in perfect harmony on most peoples' systems during all this time.

My guess is that if you never use IE10, the likelihood of encountering a problem is extremely slim or nonexistent. (However, it might surprise you that some applications, like Intuit QuickBooks, make use of Internet Explorer without the user being aware.)

So if I were you, I would install a trial of KIS2013 on your computer without hesitation. In the very unlikely event that you encounter a problem with IE10, you can very easily roll back to IE9, or simply uninstall KIS2013.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Agree with kwg. I do not use IE very often, but evidently there is something that interferes even if not used.

Most folks do not have any problem, but a few us do, and a trial is the only way for you to know with your system.
    Here is a thread that might help.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=346087

I have not experienced any shutdown by KIS since I reverted to IE 9.
    Regards,
    Jerry

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  6. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

I just tried KIS 2013 trial after buying the 12.99 NewEgg special (I put link in another message on this forum) but after a few hours and reboots, to test if it changed my shutdowns or starts, I noticed several registry leaking errors caused by KIS in my Event Viewer. I usually have no errors in Event Viewer, so it concerned me, so I went back to Avast Free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.