Kaspersky IS 2010 Issue?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Don't quote me on this, as I'm only guessing but since I installed Kasperky IS 2010 I find it extremely difficult to rip CD's o_O there seems to be some kind of activity going on with Kaspersky as the rips are running,as theres Icon activity in the taskbar and Media Player freezes or the tracks take forever to complete.

2. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

Could you post this issue on their forum indicating the version u r using, it could be bcoz of other programs also which u have installed

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Sourav, he said not to quote him on it :eek: ha ha

DVD+R, try to add your CD burning software to Kaspersky's Trusted Zone... Settings - Threats and exclusions - Trusted Zone Settings - Trusted Applications - add - browse/applications

Also, check your CD burning software has not been configured to scan software for viruses before being burnt (I think some have this feature, dont see the use in it though).

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Try exiting Kaspersky (or even uninstalling it altogether) temporarily from the systray and if the issue persists you found the culprit. Then you may start to troubleshoot the problem by excluding certain processes/files from being scanned in real-time, etc.

5. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

Very funny.....:p LOL: :D

6. fce

fce Registered Member

I don't experience any problem using AnyDVD and NERO7 ripping CD's with KIS2010 installed. Also i didn't add this two at KIS trusted zone.

What software you're using ripping CD?

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

:rolleyes: we're stepping off of track here, sorry my fault I should have been more specific ( no wait! I was specific, I said "Media Player") havent ripped with anything else yet so I couldnt say if it's relevent, just Windows Media Player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.