Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Problems

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Gasp, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

I purchased KIS 2010 online for 3 PCs back in December. I installed this into my 2 laptops and my desktop. I since upgraded to Windows 7 and reinstalled KIS 2010 but it now says the Licence is blocked because it thinks its installed on multiple machines. I have emailed Kaspersky to reactivate it but they won't.

That sucks, Kaspersky gone down in my books !!

Any suggestions ?

2. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

Did you raise a ticket in their support....

They generally are very helpful. They should reactivate yours.

3. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

Yes, I got a reply asking for where I purchased if from, how much I had paid, lience numbers, etc.. Still not heard anything back. Without protection for 2 weeks now :(

4. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

This is the kind of thing that makes me wary of recommending paid products to friends and family who live in other countries and not tech savvy. They all use activation schemes these days it seems.

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Not very good at business eh?
    Whats the whole point of selling a product which users can install on as many computers as they want with no restrictions?

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have one of their 3 user keys and have reactivated it about 1000 times. No more of course, but it wasnt a issue for me.

7. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Do you mind telling what country you live in ?

You could try posting in their forum, the local or the English one.
    They may not like that negative attention, and with some luck they may help you out.

Many companies are not responsive to any tickets you open. Quite often the public forum is the way to go.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Kaspersky has one of the best and most responsive forums, but very poor tech support in such instances.

Regards,
    Jerry

9. icr

icr Registered Member

Same here I have installed and uninstall Kaspersky many times and still no issues encountered :)

10. waters

waters Registered Member

Where did you buy from

11. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The forum can't help in this situation, and negative posts disappear as fast as you can post one.

12. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

Where did You buy the licencese? in Kaspersky online shop? or was in one of those doubtful and "cheap" online services/shops?.

Regards.

13. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Funny thing is I think this is OPs fault. As explained by OP this is what I gather. KIS on 3 computers then install Win7 over or after format & apply KIS key. Well ime the proper procedure is to deactivate or remove 1 key 1st. But by my reading this was not done. KIS servers think that the 3rd key is being used on the defunct OS. And that Win7 is using a 4th key. Which of course blacklists all.

14. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

I had a similar issue with Prevx, but its simply a matter of logging into their website, deactivate the old computer/os, then reactivate on the new computer/os. Kaspersky don't have this option that I can see. Anyway I won't ever be using Kaspersky again because of this "activation scheme". I have purchased a copy of Norton Internet Security 2010. I have never been a fan of Norton but I'm hearing good things about their 2010 release. Whenever someone removes Kaspersky in favour of Norton something has gone seriously wrong! I hope Kaspersky read this and get their act together.

15. Fly

Fly Registered Member

If that's true Kaspersky is one of the worst forums. But the poster in #8 has a different view.

16. harlan4096

I think You are being quite injust about Kaspersky forum if You never went there.

Of course I agree with #8.

Every user is welcome if You follow the rules and ask Your question with respect.

About licenses (blaclisting cases), the forum can't help ... but You can try this: uinstall KIS 2010, run a registry cleaner to Your Windows: CCleaner and/or PowerTools Lite, check that system and BIOS date of Your system are ok, and try to install it again.

I have reactivated many times my Kaspersky licenses (after formating my systems),as most users, and never had this problem.

And You haven't answered where did You get Your licenses, casue there are so known online services/websites that buy Kaspersky licenses that are not legal and after using them for some weeks, They are blacklisted.

Regards.

17. harlan4096

I meant not buy but sell ...

Regards.

18. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

The OP has still yet to disclose where he got/bought the key from, I find that a little odd.

Anyway, my experiences have been the exact opposite -- I've reinstalled using the same key countless times without issue and their support forum has been great.

EDITED for clarity.

19. fax

fax Registered Member

...and rather than disclosing it here, he should go back to Kaspersky support, its really the only place that could resolve the issue....;)
    Had personally 0 (zero) issues with official support and volunteers at Kaspersky forum have always been friendly and helpful. :thumb:

20. gery

gery Registered Member

sometimes even better than that of ZAo_O?

21. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

hello i got same license problem few month ago i got my key within 24 hourse after i send them my scanned proof of my purchase please use key file

when you make a account on https://my.kaspersky.com/ or https://support.kaspersky.com/PersonalCabinet and make key file for you license for further installation

key file not check you license every time with server when you install again KIS

now what happen is when you install again specially on formatted or new os again the KIS take it as a new key so server take it as you are using more licenses then given

please wait for 24-48 hours after you provide the proof of your purchase they send you new license

and please make a key file of your new key at your account from which you send the ticket :)

please do not worry if you dont update for few days nothing gonna happen as long as you use safe surfing means go to safe sites only and if you worry too much use please use kis sandbox for surfing and dont download any new software till update or open unknown mail links

i use linux most of time i update my system vista or xp once in 2 or 3 weeks till today they are fine without any virus or infection

now many guys argue with me about above mention statement there are very rare cases 1 or 2 % in 100 when system is infected by confliker love you virus/worms/trojan types but when these type of virus occur hardly any antivirus is able to protect against it at 1st level at that time and secondly when love virus occur its people who open unknown postcards mails not antivirus so security 1st defense is you yourself :)

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      139.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  22. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I don't know that I would go to that extreme either, but I have had many posts over there just disappear without notice. And they were not negative. It's one of the most heavily moderated forums I have been on. I do believe they try to be helpful when they can but don't go there looking to complain.

But on the subject of the current topic, I am not fond of how they handle their licensing either. You can buy a license at many places but it seems that if you didn't buy it directly from them you are in danger at any time of having them blacklist it and they don't seem interested in helping you unless you paid full price from their online store. I think it would go a long way for them if they would work with someone that paid for a key they blacklisted (find out where they got it, go after the seller, offer the customer replacement key for free or a discounted price if they can prove they paid for a key) rather than just blacklisting them and saying, too bad, buy a real key. :(

23. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

xxJackxx's and Gasp please check above i edited and put a photo screen shoot for getting a key file

i agree some what it make very trouble-full for someone who genuinely got license get blocked

but what fault of kis guys in it many people here even in my country sell pirate license codes which written on stickers (while kis genuine license got scratch sticker on it )even with same copy of original box .......you cannot judge it untill you open or check or buy it with bill so form their side its fair deal to check the license and make a key of days you left on your license the new key you get is not 365 days but the key of your remaining days left of license so it takes time to check and generate the new one :rolleyes:

24. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I, and others, have bought licenses off ebay. Most are OK and some are those which have had rebates collected and are selling the license.
    I recently purchased one from a seller in India that was for a different region, but got my money refunded.

If you buy a license from other than a legitimately authorized reseller or the KL site, you do incur a risk of a fake. I have learned not to buy from anyone outside the US or UK. Most of those are legit, and cost much less than from the KL site.

If the license is legit I see no reason why where you purchased it is germane. But it may not be legit. Let the buyer beware.

Regards,
    Jerry

25. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Post #21 may be a good idea for the OP. Of course, some keys get blacklisted for good reasons, like out-of-region.
    I do know that some security vendors act rather distrustful if you are in a third world country without 'proper' copyright laws or legal system. That probably fits most third-world countries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.