Kaspersky Install / Setup Guide?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by osaddict, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osaddict

osaddict Registered Member

Hey all,

I was browsing this forum @ work about 2-3 weeks ago, and I came across a very useful guide on how to install kaspersky - it was quite detailed and with screenshots etc.

Anyhow, my trial is over and I am about to install the full version, however, I would prefer to do it following this guide as I think it was better than how I installed it!

Hopefully someone knows the guide I am on about, and can post a link to that thread - I've searched the forums for ages and can't seem to find it!

Thanks, Rob

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Why would you want to uninstall the trial o_O
    Just insert the license code, that's all. :)
    As for that useful guide, I don't know anything about it.
    You could have a look at the Kaspersky Labs Forum for more detailed information.

Good luck with KAV. ;)

3. osaddict

osaddict Registered Member

Yer I could do - its more the popups and stuff- it really irritated me at first - thought i was gona give up on kav, but then i changed the settings to low and got less prompts, however i think i would have got less if i had just stuck with it for 2-3 days or something...

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

That's the proactive defense, so it needs a bit of learning. After a while you'll get less popups and other stuff.
    Got the same before, but afterwards almost none. :)

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

The first time user should select basicmode during the install and use the default settings to start with. You normally don't have to anything more than that.

Regarding the popup's from the PDM, those you get all (over & over) the time you should add to the trusted in the bottom of the popup's.

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Just use the default settings in the Proactive Defense module as Don suggests, which does not have Application Integrity Control enabled and you will then see virtually no pop-ups at all ;)

Attached Files:

7. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Hi Rob, it was likely on my site - Setting Up KAV 6.

I will be updating this as soon a version 7 is officially released.

:D :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.