Kaspersky Free Install Troubles

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bcsman, Jul 30, 2017.

1. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Figured I would make a separate post from the Kaspersky Free post in case others are having this issue. I have downloaded 2 files to try and install on my Win7 32 bit computer and both have failed. When starting the install .exe file I get the Kaspersky.....has stopped working, check online for a solution or close the program. I have read here that closing Windows Defender has solved some issues but didnt help me. I previously had Microsoft Security Essentials installed but have uninstalled with Revo checking for leftover files. Not sure what to do in this instance anymore. These are the two files I have downloaded and had the same result. kfa18.0.0.405aben_12579.exe 2.3 MB and kfa18.0.0.405aben_es_fr_12643.exe 158 MB Thanks for any help...by the way I live in the US, I think these files are for US installs.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. MolnarPeter

MolnarPeter Registered Member

I live in Hungary, and installed kfa18.0.0.405aben_12579.exe without any issues. Btw. Kaspersky free will be released here in Hungary in October.

3. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Dont think theres anything wrong with the files, something keeping it from installing on my computer for some reason.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Did you whitelist the stub installer with Windows Firewall? And if you have any other third party security software installed, deactivate it or whitelist KAV so it can be installed without incident.

5. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Nope didn't work, this is very odd. I still get the same warning and I don't have any other security software installed either.

6. Marcelo

Marcelo Registered Member

Kaspersky installation often fail when it detects left overs from previous security software although it normally warns the user about what is causing the failure. You can check the Microsoft Knowledge Base for instructions on manual uninstall.

7. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

I did try on another Win 7 computer and it works fine. This one I had Microsoft Security Essentials installed and have uninstalled but bet there is some file or driver leftover that is keeping Kaspersky from working. I tried the manual uninstall and checked all the registry files it said but none were there, so maybe this computer just won't get to try Kaspersky Free....

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Check event viewer for details or run processmon to see, why it has failed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.