Kaspersky & BitDefender free today. Info from users of those programs wanted.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by conceptualclarity, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity Registered Member

This may only be for the US. A link that can take you to the offers is at http://forum.raymond.cc/threads/kasp...8/#post-294755
    There are a good number of other free offers, including ESET Smart security, AVG Internet Security, and Nero. They involve rebates.

I want to know from Kaspersky and BitDefender users :

1. How are these programs on false positives and over-aggressiveness with detection of so-called Potentially Unwanted Programs or Applications (PUPs and PUAs)? For me, avast! and Webroot have gone after way too many legitimate programs on my computer.

2. Do these programs allow user discretion before eliminating programs? I don't want them wiping good programs off my computer without allowing me the opportunity to whitelist them instead.

3. Do they tell you what they are doing or have done? One time I used the malware function of Glary Utilities. It got rid of something, but it never told me what it was. I have never again used the malware function on Glary Utilities.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Have never used Kaspersky, but did briefly trial Bitdefender free. BD was very buggy, not major issues, mostly minor annoyances. You cannot proactively white-list anything with it. You must 1st wait for it to be flagged and quarantined before you have the option to restore/white-list, provided that the logs button works to let you do it. BD also had a nasty habit of shutting itself down. As I said, I trial-ed very briefly before getting it off my system.

3. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

4. david banner

david banner Registered Member

http://www.watermark-software.com/
    I got this for photos it will not allow install. I have never seen this error before. tried with run as admin. Also i created the the folder myself in C:\program files but still get the error when i click install

ws.jpg

5. BrollyLSSJ

BrollyLSSJ Registered Member

The link in the First post does not work here. Is it the hot deal for US only in the raymond.cc freebies area?

6. david banner

7. anon

anon Registered Member

8. SnowFlakes

SnowFlakes Registered Member

i wish avira premium was free today :)

9. conceptualclarity

David, which one was that, Kaspersky or BitDefender?

SnowFlakes, if you subscribe to the giveaway sites you might just get a shot at it one of these times. I've been amazed at the shareware I've seen offered for free.
    I suggest subscribing to frys.com, http://sharewareonsale.com/shop, and http://forum.raymond.cc/forums/freebies-giveaways-and-deals.22/

10. david banner

11. conceptualclarity

12. anon

anon Registered Member

13. david banner

was sandboxed by firewall got no notification. Just a trial anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.