Kaspersky attempted intrusion on my PC

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Stephen2_Aus, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen2_Aus

Stephen2_Aus Registered Member

At 4:48PM Australian EST, I posted something on the Kaspersky support forums relating to the trial version of KAV 6.0 and my firewall, as I was having issues/questions regarding the setup.

Original post is:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=32306

Shortly after making the above post at 5:11:06PM, Australian EST, I had ports 3248 and 3252 scanned by IP address 81.176.69.111

This resolves to forum.kaspersky-labs.com

Further, at 5:32:24PM, Australian EST, I received a ping request from IP address 81.176.69.111, being the same address mentioned above.

I cannot think how these actions are anything but an attempt to intrude upon my personal computing and request an explanation.

I thought this worthy of note to my favourite security forum, I hope it is not against posting rules. I suppose the only proof I have is an Outpost 4.0 log, which I can share if requested?

This is just incredible to me... What do you all think of this?

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Well,as you ask what people think I would say this.It seems a bit odd that this was your first post at both sites.I will watch for their answer to your post at Kaspersky with great insterest.

3. Stephen2_Aus

Stephen2_Aus Registered Member

Understand what you're saying.. I do have another account on Wilders: Stephen2 but couldn't remember the password & registered from work. Am on leave now so couldn't retrieve it.

I'm curious what they say too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.