Kaspersky..Anyone had this problem IS 2016

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ttomm1946, Jul 19, 2016.

1. ttomm1946

ttomm1946 Registered Member

Safepay crashes computer and tech support couldn't find reason?
    WIN 10 64 bit 4gb ram..

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

I had a problem similar to ttomm1946 on a Win 8.1 64X system that remains unexplained.

I had been using Kaspersky for years, ever since it was relatively little known and began to be marketed in the US by a small online marketer. I switched to try "The New Norton" and then switched back to KIS 2015, which I had to stop using it because after a major upgrade, no matter what I tried KIS 2015 prevented me from accessing a server of an online game that I play.

Then, thanks to Thankful's posting of Newegg Specials I picked up a license for KIS 2016 for $12.99. It slowed my PC to a crawl, nearly totally borked it and made it useless for all practical purposes. Luckily, after several failed attempts to access it, I was able to remove KIS 2016 and restore my system by accessing System Restore after many attempts. I have no idea what caused this, as I had used KIS 2015 without any issues until the one I mention above.

That is why I advise anyone considering the purchase of KIS 2016 to at least try a demo before buying it. I still follow the KIS Forum and from time to time others report serious issues with KIS 2016 on their particular systems. Rare as such incidents may be, there is some part of KIS 2016 that seriously conflicts with something within my system/configuration and those of several others.

BTW: I could never use "Safepay" with FireFox because it prevented me from completeing any online transaction. I had it disabled in KIS 2015.

While I still have an active subscription to NS, I dropped it out of frustration/disgust over the FireFox Toolbar issue, among other things, and I am currently using Emisoft IS 11, along with other security programs, such as HitMan Pro Alert Beta, with no issues of any kind.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  3. ttomm1946

Even a brand new win 10 install ..safe pay crashes

4. ttomm1946

Tried 2017 beta..SafePAY worked so did uninstall and reinstalled 2016 without removal tool...didn't work on the beta but now safepay works on 2016 yeah!

5. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

Check out the new utube video of
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 Review

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.