Kaspersky Latest Release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Minimalist, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

i got the same thing several weeks ago when they released 21H1 to the beta channel. I'm not sure why. The current build supports this version according to the release notes.

3. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

This is always the same... Kaspersky does not give support to beta OS or OS patches, They will deliver a patch to give full support to the new system when it is fully public released...

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Well that's great! I didn't go looking for 21H1, it was offered to that machine. I suspect Kaspersky need to keep updated with Windows releases.

5. pernu

pernu Registered Member

Kaspersky has not yet fixed the bug so I can use online banking, and I contacted them again. I asked if I could stop updating my program to the latest version while waiting for the bug to be fixed, but that I could still receive virus definitions anyway.

The technician said yes, and sent me instructions on how to do this and I followed it. After a few minutes, my version updated to the latest anyway, and I contacted a technician at Kaspersky again. I asked why this happened when I could stop an update.

I got the answer: sorry you got this message, but the latest version is a forced update to fix many bugs. There I sat and had to reverse all the work. They also told me that I could switch provider that has another antivirus program, and I think I should do this. It turns out that Kaspersky constantly has some mistakes that can have a big impact, and that may be why I got this message.

6. pernu

pernu Registered Member

This I got today.

"Dear customer,

Greetings,

My name is xxxxx and I'll be happy to assist you on this ticket. I apologize for the inconvenience that you're having.

Unfortunately there is no option to prevent Kaspersky from updating the program. This is because our developers have deemed that regularly upgrading our products to the latest versions is necessary to keep the effectiveness of the security they provide.

Regarding the bug, reset assured our developers are working to fix it and the solution will be sent out as an update.

We remain at your disposal for further assistance.

Have a good day.
    xxxxx | Technical Support Representative"

While I wait for Kaspersky to repair the hole in the boat, we sink.

7. pernu

pernu Registered Member

The incompetence has no end. This is Kaspersky's ability to fix a serious bug so customers can use their program:

Dear customer,

I appreciate the patience you have shown. My apologies for the delay.

We've just received a reply from our Escalation Team with the following information.

The fix of this issue is expected to be release in our MR4 version of our application. The MR4 version is expected to be released some time in Autumn. :'(:'(:ouch::ouch:

8. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Using Windows 10? Forget about and uninstall. There exist other vendors rolling out patches in time. Overall experience here that Kaspersky support is really pain. If you are a paid customer you should think about a refund.

9. pernu

pernu Registered Member

Again, Kaspersky can do nothing. I was told that a temporary fix was available now, and I was just going to uninstall the temporary program I am using, reinstall kaspersky, and then everything would work while I wait for a final fix. What happened, nothing, the fix did not work either and I ask, who will use a program from a company that can not fix the program so that it can be used securely when using online banking?

This is the mail from Kaspersky:

Dear customer,

I appreciate the patience you have shown. My apologies for the delay.

We've just received a reply from our Escalation Team with the following information.

We have released a temporary fixed in our database. Please update your Kaspersky database and the program will be fixed. :mad::ouch:

10. pernu

pernu Registered Member

I completely agree with you, I get to try it too, but with the poor service I have encountered so far, I do not think I will get a penny back.

11. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Nice consolation, better than nothing. I bet that Kaspersky has received a lot more of complaints than yours (including from business) :D money rules the world and also Kaspersky, if paid business customers will leave ofc this would hurt some more than private customers - others will leave too, avalanche effect.

12. waking

waking Registered Member

Patch C for Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.3.10.391
    was released on June 3, 2021.

"In patch C:

We have improved the Do Not Disturb mode.
    We have fixed several vulnerabilities.
    We have changed the process of downloading application modules.
    We have fixed several application issues."

13. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Thanks for the info, @waking. Patch C hasn't arrived here yet, but I'm pretty sure I will get it within the course of next week. I am not in a hurry.:)

14. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Same here. I don't experience any problems with Patch B, so I don't mind waiting for a while to receive Patch C.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  15. xxJackxx

I've got patch c. No issues, didn't even know when it updated.

16. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I don't have Patch C yet after 8 days.

17. xxJackxx

18. Minimalist

19. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks for the heads-up. :thumb:

20. Minimalist

You're welcome :)

21. pernu

pernu Registered Member

This 21.3.10.391 did not fix my problem at all. Many things maybe fixed but not our problem. Kaspersky has closed our case, they cannot fix the problem, that is there last mail to me. I am using anothe program so I can do online-banking. :(:thumbd:

22. Minimalist

Sorry to hear that. Do you have patch C installed?

23. pernu

pernu Registered Member

I I installed the version Kaspersky sent me that should work, 21.3.10.391, but it did not. After many meaningless emails, I wrote that I had to remove Kaspersky and install a program that allowed me to use the bank. I had to do this for all my friends too. I asked for my money back, but they did not even comment, they stopped the case and closed it. :thumbd:

24. xxJackxx

I just discovered this to be the cause of issues with the Alienware Command Center on 2 PCs. I also found claims that it has been reported and they aren't going to address it. Time for KIS to go I guess.

25. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I still haven't got patch 'C' yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.