Kaspersky 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dark Shadow, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

It could honestly be Bad Memory also.. I have seen that happen and cause loads of wired issues :blink:

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I thought DEP all programs could be the cause and excluded KAV there.It really can be anything from something stupid to even HD problems.At this point its trial and error. If everything runs good back to my original configuration,then so be it.

3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Same for me, random bsods. I can run the game flyff in my account fine but in my sisters account it causes a bsod? The problem is gameguard which digs into your system but why does it only bsod in my sisters account?

4. fce

fce Registered Member

yesterday they tag anyDVD as trojan downloader....

couple of hours later they tag uTorrent as trojan downloader....

geez! lots of False Positive :ouch:

i'm trying Sandboxie and two more weeks my KIS subscription will expire.

If Kasp will let this JUNIOR analyst run the job at Kaspersky Lab, i might jump ship to AVIRA!....Sandboxie+Avira is not bad at all!

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

genrally the fp's from kav is low and if you send the files to KL with the subject false possitive it will get sorted out quickly.

6. Dark Shadow

I am not a gamer though and the BSOD happens just from normal web surfing minus any video content.Well any ways KAV is off and everything seems ok again.:thumb:

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i had some random bsod's from 357 genrally at boot time and shutdown.
    454 solved that.

8. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

chkdsk issues?
    oh no.. not again.. :rolleyes:

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

When you don't fix something its amzing how it pops back up again. :cautious:

10. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

KLab have for some time ~4 hour signature update delay policy, I wonder what they do at that time with "heur." updates, FPs are obvious from aeroplane ...
    Maybe they testing limits of users tolerance. :rolleyes:

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Sorry but i never believed this thing. I've installed kav on various pcs over the years and zero probs. I just believe my eyes in this regard...
    And i'm not a fanboy, trust me ;)

12. fce

fce Registered Member

yeah i noticed it takes more than 4hours before they disinfect or correct utorrent FP.

13. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

wow..
    I see what "blindly believe" is.
    It's not a matter of believe it or not, it's a fact out there. You can say you can tolerate KAV tagging every file on your system, and that is it. Maybe you don't have problems right now or even in the future, but for me and for some people, we just don't like the feeling of being treated as a fool by some sneaky AV company just because we know what's going on.

14. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Tell that to the people that had to redo there system after a total file system corruption. :cautious:

15. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Registered Member

As plenty of people have said countless times... No AV / security software is perfect for everyone. No AV / security software catches every piece of malware.

Some people have had chkdsk issues with Kaspersky. Some people don't want ObjectIDs messed with. Kaspersky probably isn't for them.

There are lots of people who don't have these issues. Kaspersky may be a viable solution in this case.

Show me an antivirus that has had zero problems for anyone, and I'll show you a piece of vaporware.

16. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

easy, easy man...
    I agree with you that no AV is perfect.
    However, the object ID abuse issue, plus the way Kaspersky treated the inquiries regarding the iswift/ichecker scared me away from KAV. Kav used to be my only AV back in 2005-2006 when I did not know the iswift issue, but since 2007 I have been using Avira and F-Secure. I use Ubuntu for email/internet/music/movie, only use windows when I have to use applications that do not have a Linux version such as photoshop.
    Now I do not care how KAV is doing since I will never use it unless it gives up tagging every single file on my computer.
    Ubuntu is really easy to learn and use by the way.

17. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Registered Member

Sheesh, I didn't mean to come across THAT emotional :D

And I agree with you on most of this. I don't really have any problems with iswift, I've been one of the lucky majority that don't have any chkdsk problems. However, I won't blindly say that means it doesn't happen either.

As for Ubuntu, if I didn't do 90 percent of my stuff with software that requires Windows, I'd be using it.

18. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

A good reminder for me how KAV view/classify/fix bugs.

I had another type of problem with KAV years ago and the response was exactly the same: not our problem, party X is responsible, blame them.

Guess they have not changed an iota.

Thanks for this thread, it really helped me as a sort of a reminder.

19. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Is Kaspersky still using this FileID thing ib the latest software versions?

20. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

YES! :cautious:

I love how they blame other people. and kaspersky aint the only one.. but here is the question.. they MADE and Designed this software to run on WINDOWS.. not the other way around... I don't see how its always someone Else's fault when the problems are noticed and added with there software.. not the OS. The OS worked perfectly fine without it and it will work perfectly fine after its uninstalled it.

Edit..

Also this is not bashing Kaspersky. Kaspersky is the main one in the topic and does the same thing as blame XX not us. this goes for most companys that say Hey it's not our fault. when the plain fact is they made it for XX OS it should run on XX OS that simple.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  21. Dark Shadow

What puzzles me about this is not so much the checkdisk but the random BSOD that also followed.When I trialed it I think it was 357, I did half trial with kis the other with KAV not one problem.Then I purchased it,installed it by CD and it does its latest update/version and thats when it all started to fall apart.Well since I posted this its been off and all is well again.:thumb: So to be fear I will say KAV had a fight with my vista or vista had a fight with KAV and vista got its a** Kicked.Ding Ding.:D

22. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Yes, as Fajo says, but it does not use MS technology (as in v7) but rather in house technology. Personally I have never had a single issue with this when using either v7 or 2009.

My rig runs XP SP3 and my daughter's Vista Home SP1...neither of us have experienced any issues.:D

23. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I've been using KIS2009 since it was officially released and I've had zero problems with it on Vista. Therefore, I cannot think of any reason why I would want to or need to change to anything else and I've tried many different apps.

So I'm one of the very happy ones.

24. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I've been using Kaspersky since version 4 and never had any problem.(And I DID run chkdsk a lot of times without any problem)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  25. Kayracc

Kayracc Registered Member

BTW if anyone is having the BSOD with kaspersky 2009, disable proactive defense, and it's fixed :)

just read there working on a PDM fix coming up so :)

but it works for me so go disabling stuff ;)

-Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.