Kasperky's Activation system SUCKS!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by berryracer, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

This is the 2nd time it happens to me! :mad: I bought a KIS License in the past, few activations from me, on the same computer, same hardware, just due to formatting it as I do tend to restore back Windows to a previous version when drivers get updates just to ensure optimal performance, so Kaspersky took 15 days to respond to my ticket and give me a manual activation file.

Now it happened again with KAV. I didn't even install it more than 6 times and it's already blacklisted!!

Never had a problem with multiple installations on any other AV.

they take ages to respond! :mad:

2. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Kaspersky is heavily intolerant about piracy so much it burns legitimate users, like DRMs...

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

i never had a problem with it.
    Best way is to image after installation then use that image in between using other things...(bitdefender))....hint...hint..:D :D

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

which is why you need to make a base image of just the installation with kaspersky. this way if you want to go back to a fresh system with kaspersky you simply restore it. no activation needed. we stopped selling it recently due to this reason. we had MANY complaints of people who bought a retail boxed copy and their key ended up blacklisted due to this very reason. and now they are doing the whole regional thing so you have to buy a key from your region... i would not look back to be honest

5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Do business with a vendor that isn't paranoid and you won't have to worry about it. Why anyone would go to the trouble of pirating Kaspersky products I have no idea. For crackers it isn't worth their hassle just to have their work ruined in hours, and for users there are plenty of other paid options and free options that won't result in being treated like they're already guilty.

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Plenty of people pirate Kaspersky. Thats why keys get blacklisted within a few hours of a new torrent going up.:rolleyes:

7. berryracer

I understand the first time they blacklisted my license was because I activated like 17 times in 1 week then they blacklisted.

But this key I have barely activated it 5 or 6 times.

I can't tell you how many times I have re-activated my Bitdefender License and it never failed me, when you activate a machine, you can see it in your online account the name of the machine would appear and you can delete previously unused machines. With Eset's Smart Security / NOD32 I have re-activated it more than a 100 times in the past 7 years and it never ever gave me trouble.

What a shame, I definitely won't be buying anymore licenses from Kaspersky.

Not only does it suck, but It has been more than 72 hours with no reply to my ticked despite me escalating it to a manager! heh

8. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Thats exactly why I use NOD :thumb:
    I frequently reinstall my systems and end up needing to re-validate a lot of licenses, never had a single problem with ESET.

9. waters

waters Registered Member

Dont hope for them to sort it .Kaspersky never replaced mine .I sent all the replys i had from them to the place where i bought it and they gave me a new code.After trying it again ,i put Bitdefender free back on,the slowdown between the two was too much.See my post from a while back.

10. berryracer

I just created a refund ticket, let's see if they honor it as I don't want to go through this BS every couple of months. If I purchase a license then I have all the right to install it as many times as I wish as long as it is on one and the same machine

11. waters

waters Registered Member

No,its not possible to install Kaspersky a number of times,even on the same one machine.It will be blocked.They did not honor my ticket,good luck

12. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

hahahaha, sorry. I just read you topic about Kaspersky....
    I'll stay away from that software forever, they are worst than Microsoft and Adobe together :thumbd:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  13. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

And I was just about to purchase KIS; now I am reluctant to do so because of this activation thingy.

14. berryracer

don't save your money because you only have 5 or 7 activations before your license is blacklisted

You basically rent the license for 1 year and only have a few attempts to install it. And the Firefox plugins never work because they are too slow to handle the fast update cycle of Mozilla. Not their fault, but other solutions don't face such a problem no matter what Firefox update you're on

15. The Red Moon

hmm just imagine if someone stole your license key berry then this is where the activation limit comes in.
    Its just the way things are unfortunately.

16. berryracer

so why does Bitdefender, ESET, and others not have the same activation crap?

they check the names/specs the pcs are installed on not how many times it is activated

that is why I never ever had an issue with Eset's licensing or Bitdefende's despite me always formatting / reinstalling

17. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

This is where I like Norton Management. You can go in and activate/deactivate any machine at any time. I wish everyone would do that.

18. berryracer

That's an excellent method. Gives the user the control, and gives the developer the piece of mind that their license is not being misused.

Bitdefender also has that you can login to your My Bitdefender account and delete the machines that are no longer using the license or simple delete an old activation making room for more newer ones. You can also remotely scan your pc and stuff

19. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

same with wsa. but yeah kaspersky has been dropped from a number of shops / business' that i know do to to the way this is now. they would not even replace the key for me and i was a legit reseller...just fyi so good luck. i do fear more companies getting stricter in the future but i hope they employ something as said where you can simply deactivate a pc and them use a different one this is the smart way and at the same time prevents piracy

20. The Red Moon

Well if this tactic is widespread amongst major vendors then its going to push potential customers to free products and there is plenty of suitable free products out there to choose from.
    They are shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me.

21. berryracer

Very true, if this happens to other AV companies I will switch to free solutions wihtout even thinking twice. I don't want any hassles, I want to be in full control of when I reinstall my previous clean image which was before installing anything to have a fresh system

22. er34

er34 Guest

Such things - as discussed in the current thread - are not tested by AV-Testing organizations - still they are important and bother users, resellers, etc.

I do understand your frustrations but, excuse me - 17 times in 1 week, then 5-6 times, then other antivirus programs.o_O Hey, what are you doing with your computer so that you need to reactive so often ? May be the problem is you - just find something else to do, or another way to do it (system images, virtual machines, etc)

23. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Yes, there are ways to avoid hitting the activation limit. However, the burden should not fall on the user. It is simply a matter of using a different activation method.

24. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Support will issue you a .key file for offline activation for such cases:

25. berryracer

they stopped those a few months ago bro.

the only thing they will do is reset the activation limit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.