KAS 7, 3 year license, raise your hand.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The 3 year license a lot of you recieved for purchasing Memory Zipper, have any of you been able to get the RC2 beta to accept it. I bet you havent.:ouch:

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello Jeff,
    not many people have had any type of normal kaspersky license to work in RC2
    most people at the KL forums are using the trial code for now.
    lodore

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

f' it to kaspersky, i tried the 7, it still has all the same problems as 6, but with a different gui.

hmm, the quicker i can get rid of my unwanted licence, the better.

back to the ps3 :)

4. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

problems such as?

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

emails, extracting files, browsing, website certificates.....

kaspersky, just dont agree with my laptops.

6. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

no problem with browsing here, as for website cetificates, there's not much that can be done, if you want to scan the stream you have to intercept the certificates (i don't know of any other program which scans https steams to see if it's possible without invalidating the certificate).

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@Jeff,
    try your three year kaspersky license in the new 7.0.0.119 rc3 build
    lodore

8. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

>> try your three year kaspersky license in the new 7.0.0.119 rc3 build

No good.
    I'm suspecting it will not work on the finished product - they may still honor it but I'd bet it won't wok automatically.

9. ogy

ogy Registered Member

Runs like a charm on my laptop :thumb:

My license is not accepeted too.
    Mybe it will work only on v6

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Codes bought for 6.0 will work on this, keys bought for 5.0 will not, my guess is that those which cannot use their key on 7.0 is in this catagory and most have bought a cheap discounted key. I would contact support when 7.0 is released.

11. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Im using the KAV 7 RC3 and my license key works fine! I think they may have fixed the problem. The new RC was released today.

12. thehudd

thehudd Registered Member

While RC3 is running smoothly, I had to use a trial key. Would not accept the three year license from Systweak or a key purchased directly from Kaspersky, both of which work fine on KIS6. Here's hoping the final release will have this fixed.

13. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

I'm having the same problem also. I have the Systweak 3 year key and it will not work. Not happy. :(

14. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

lets not push any panic buttons until we see a non-beta release.

15. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

I agree, its still early. in the KL forums, there are people who cant use their normal purchase keys to work in the V7 RC as well. I believe KL knows about this issue and is definitely working on it. As for the 3 years key, be it cheap discounted key etc or normal price key, i believe they will honour it in terms of upgrade etc, as nothing was mention about the restrictions during the purchasing process. This is between KL and their resellers. not end users. Just my opinion.

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I will wager to bet, those Memory Zipper codes we bought, will not work with KAS7 when it is released.:'(

17. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I don't recommend anybody buy more than a one year licence for anybodys product.

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Very good advice

19. ogy

ogy Registered Member

3 year license was not mentioned on Systweak's website.

20. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the more people think like this, the cheaper it will get for us all :D

a licence, no matter the price... is still a licence.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree Chris, but my worry is, there was no supporting documentation like when you buy from the vendor. As stated 2 threads up, buyers didnt even know it was for 3 years. . First we went through the short period for Kaspersky and the seller to rectify the legitamacy issues of the licenses. I am sure Kaspersky said to themselves, sure we will honor them for 3 years. 3 years of KIS 6. And in the end this is the case, you really cant fault them. I just have a gut feeling about this and I do hope I am wrong.

22. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

There's one place that this can be unambiguously answered, and that's at the Kaspersky forum.

A license is a license, but the specific language of the pertinent license is what matters. If the product is rebadged in any way - and any way means something as minor as a second vendor logo applied to it - you're not really dealing with KL directly anymore. You're dealing with the rebadged vendor and the license they supply. It's not unusual for this circumstance to provide continuing support (i.e. signatures) but not new engine upgrades.

As with any commercial dealing, assume nothing. The only things that matter are the explicitly written terms provided by the vendor that received your payment.

Blue

23. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Let's look on the bright side shall we? Wait until KAV/KIS 7.0 is RTM before making any assumptions about the Systweak 3yr codes, or any other code that you may own. Even if it doesn't work we only paid $18.95 for a one year KIS 6.0 subscription, and the extra 2 years was an added bonus. Kaspersky support has verified on a couple of occasions that the Systweak codes are 100% legit. So unless your code gets blacklisted there is no reason that it won't work on 7.0 IMO, and if you have a problem email Kaspersky support for assistance.

24. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Same here. Sent request to KL help desk and will await reply. Hope it gets straightened out soon.

Gary

25. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I have to agree the newest version has caused some major concern so I removed them from all my machines for now , except my wifes, I have Nod32 running but I'm looking for a new AV & actually AVG looks not too bad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.