Karen's Replicator v3.3.5 Updated Mar 29, 2007

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Enhancements/Bugs Fixed
    Version 3.3.5: Added additional sections to the program's manifest, to make it explicit that the program should run under the security identify of the program launching the program.
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Thanks for the update. :thumb:

3. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

thanks for this post.
    I love this tool. I used to run Syncback, which is more or less the better tool out there, but is annoying because everytime I restore my system to a backed up image, Syncback would not run, asking me to enter the registration serial I paid for--THEN--tells me it is not valid.

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Me too, One tip,if you delete or trash your data in back it up files on your system,and then you want to make it current with the ext. backup.Make a new backup job,and reverse source and target and unclick "copy only if source is newer" so you have a kind of manual sync,and it workes !!Is this not clear,react !

5. eniqmah

Clearly, this is not very clear. sorry to trouble you. explain?

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

hi enigma, normally,example you make a backup job lets say "my documents"is source to "my documents"is target on external medium,you back up your documents on a regular basis,then by accident you trash your whole documentsfolder or maybe some important files,the easy way if this happen is to copy/paste the entire documentsfolder back on to your system with explorer.but this is a litle rude and also timeconsuming.but you can also make a backup job from within the interface where you reverse the source and target,now source as in above example "my documents" on your system becomes the target and your external backup becomes the source ( i suppose your backupfile is up to date) then you run this backup job and thereafter your "my documents"on your system is totally again up to date note : important untick " copy only if source is newer" !!With syncback do it all for you but as you said...........
    what i like most with KR is the ease off use,and its fast and rock solid.

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

so far you understand and configure this way,test it,place some files from your backup directory on the desktop and the run the job,so you can these files roll back from your backup location, if everything goes well.

8. eniqmah

Thank you for the clarification. Yeah, a helpful tip indeed. I wonder how Karen's Replicator is able to replicate my 4GB system images chunks. My guess is that it's not faster than explorer's own.

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

You guess i'm heavy mover,my Imatch database alone is well over 7 gig,and first time it take some time but afterthat it's only incremental.Your right explorer is easier and faster i believe,and if you have only word,exel and stuff use explorer,but what about data encrypted,compressed or dedicated extensions you can't search with explorer,with these a rely on KR who can read these files.

10. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thought I'd give this a try after reading this thread. I like it, and it is easy to use. Will keep it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.