kaka.exe

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Bill Artman, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Artman

Bill Artman Registered Member

I and my daughter are using ESET NOD32 V3 Anti Virus. Last night her PC started acting very strange. She cannot connect to the Internet and she has seen her screen display the file name of kaka.exe which according to my Google search is a Trojan.

She has the lastest ESET virus definitions on her machine.

Should her ESET NOD32 V3 Anti Virus have detected this kaka.exe? She ran a deep scan last night but nothing was detected.

How can she get rid of this virus?

Thanks very much for your help!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try renaming the file and restarting the computer. Please send the file in question to samples[at]eset.com so that the viruslab guys can analyze it and add detection if it's actual malware.

3. Bill Artman

Bill Artman Registered Member

Marcos;

Thank you for your quick response. I will have my daughter rename the kaka.exe file and send it to samples as you requested.

One last question - Although I have read the user manual sometimes I get confused on the various types of scans. Can you please tell me how to do the deepest scan possible which will scan absolutely everything on her machine.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Marcos has forgot to mention about ESET's strict rules about handling samples . Don't forget to follow them (described here) if you want someone have a look at your kaka.exe file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.