kaby lake and win7 update problem :-(

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by klarm, Dec 30, 2017.

1. klarm

klarm Registered Member

guys please help.
    I've build a new machine with ASRock z270 extreme4 & i5-7600k and installed win764 SP1 on it. I started installing updates manualy but didn't put kb4012218/kb4012219 and still got that message that kaby is not supported and update manager is disabled after it connected to check for online updates :-(. going nuts here. no way I'm installing win10 c*ap ware.
    what can I do?
    I tried going to that zeffy/wufuc page but as I understand the latest is not functioning?
    please help.

edit: is this problem also on skylake i5-6600k? if not, I would seriously consider downgrading.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

if you wont find a driver for kaby and windows 7 (and win8 too) you wont have full capacity of your system features.
    some promised but i wont count on asrock (cheap brand of asus)

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

From Microsoft statement it appears that unfortunately you should buy Skylake or older processor to still use Windows 7.

5. klarm

klarm Registered Member

afcourse there are drivers for all needed on ASRock page for win7. I would not buy that motherboard if there warent.
    This story about intel blocking updates is something completely different and terrible. They would never have get away with that kind of a BS 15-20 years ago IMO.
    ASRock is defenetly not cheap LOL, and I had only good experience with them last 10 years.

edit: I installed wufuc tool and it works, at least for now. I just want to download and install all the updates upto start of Win 7 patchocalipse. after that I'll go manual or non. the computer is for a kid, for gaming.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i did not wrote that asrock is cheap - its the cheap brand of asus ^^
    drivers wont mean that you windows can use it. maybe that fits it better.
    MS has wrote about it and refused but IMO the ruddered back. i dont own kaby or skylyke.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.