k7 total security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by stratoc, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

blimey looks like a few fp's to put mildly! the reviews i can find say the same fantastic performance but problem with false positives. shame.

4. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

FPs , Low detection rate and outdated interface:doubt: .

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thanks for the replies guys. i guess im looking for the most basic, smallest av i can find (since nodv2.7 is history now) im thinking about using one for a on demand scanner and sand boxing my browser maybe. if even not bothering at all. in 6 years my anti virus has only detected things i have thrown at it. i use a router and back up once a month to an external hard drive.
    i just can't find one that doesnt annoy me atm.
    thanks again.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Prevx is an excellent AV plus anti-rootkit, antispyware and zero day heuristics. It is very light on system resources. It can be used on-demand, but is better used real-time, provided you have an always-on/broadband connection.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Avira Personal is running very well for me at the moment.

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

trying prevx and very impressed atm full version with safe online 2 processes 8k each and very fast boot and browsing., so thanks for the suggestion, i didnt like the avira trial buy now spam or indeed the emails! i have tried most tradition av's and they all seem to either have things i dont want or need or use too much resources.
    thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.