K-Meleon 0.9.13

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I have used this browser before and its fast, but uninstalled it as I am content with my Firefox and still I uses IE if firefox didn't want me to show some webpages. But, I think K-Meleon can be one of the best alternative browser we can use.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I switched from Firefox to K-Meleon a while ago and am really liking it. The latest has everything I need right out of the box. Very nice...

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I prefer K-meleon because of its speed & small footprint & configurability.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I haven't tried and used K-Meleon for a long time, but are the latest version also has a ScrapBook extension like Firefox? :rolleyes: :cautious:

Coz ScrapBook is one of the most used extension in my Firefox browser, sometimes I'd want to store andreview and read the whole webpages...the easy way. Just like capturing a whole snap-shots, storing it, then reviewing it later then deletes them if I want to. :cool:

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I have been using K-Meleon for some time.
    And I'm pleasantly surprised. Very much so. Furthermore, slightly offtopic, I must also add that Opera 9 Beta is also very nice. My repertoire of good browsers has suddenly increased!
    Per site javascript and adblocking is the way to go! Opera has it. K-Meleon incorporates it. Very nice.
    Back on topic, K-Meleon, nice and steamlined, reminds me of Open Office interface kind of, clean and light.
    Mrk

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What about Opera? I still like it most after firefox! Sorry a bit off topic.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

K-Meleon is the topic of this thread.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Right! but it,s a browser and when u discuss a browser, can u avoid the comparison with others. I think may be not.

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This topic was posted for those that use K-Meleon. It was not posted to be a comparison thread and it won't be a comparison thread. There are plenty of other threads to discuss the other browsers.
    Okay? :)

11. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

K-Meleon is definitely a cool, clean, configurable, and very fast browser... thanks for the heads-up.

I’ve still got 0.9 installed. Meant to upgrade when 0.9.12 came out in January but never got around to it. I WILL upgrade to 0.9.13 however... I WILL! I WILL! ... soon as I get around to it.

12. bktII

bktII Registered Member

Just downloaded and installed K-Meleon on my desktop and it is VERY fast to startup. I particularly like the privacy bar.

I will try for a while and install on my notebook in a week or two if I am still happy with it.

bktII

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Have they made K-Meleon any easier to use? Perhaps the geeky types may feel that it has always been easy, but when I tried K-M some time ago, I almost felt like I had to learn hacking skills in order to use the thing. Thanks.

Acadia

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Just use the menu options at the top of the browser Acadia. Don't fret about the macros. :D
    Speaking of options, it has a boatload of them.
    The best thing to do is install it and work with it when you feel like it. It won't break anything on your computer.

15. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Speed is certainly not an argument anymore (it never was) for choosing a browser on my new computer.
    So it doesn't make a difference if I use K-Meleon, MSIE, Firefox, Opera or any other browser.

Firefox was always very slow in opening on my old computer, but that didn't bother me, because I like Firefox.
    Opening Firefox on my new computer takes 1-2 seconds, that is more than I ever expected.
    Will K-Meleon make a difference ? NO and K-Meleon doesn't have the same "Find in page" function as Firefox, which is one of the many reasons, why I like Firefox so much.

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This thread is not about Firefox Erik. K-Meleon is the topic.

17. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

LOL, of course not, I've got FirstDefense! (Oops, sorry about that, this thread is not about FD. :D )

Acadia

18. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Does K-M have any kind of "Find in page" function?

Acadia

19. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

It can search for text in the page, if that's what you mean ;)

Alphalutra1

20. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ctrl-F will pop up the usual Find dialog box if that's what you mean...

Edit: Oops, Alpha beat me to it.. :)

21. bktII

bktII Registered Member

22. ErikAlbert

I think any browser has that function and yes I'm talking about Find under Edit (=Ctrl+F).
    In K-Meleon, the "Find" works the same way as in MSIE : it uses a popup window to do the search, while Firefox uses a bar, which is much better because a popup window blocks my view and in MSIE it stops working after the last search, while Firefox restarts again.

23. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Or you can use the function below, just type the first few letters of the word, hit F3 to find further instances:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9283/screenshot200604280028597au.png

I've been using the latest KM 1.0 beta for the last week or so; the bugs are minor, it's stable enough for regular use, and noticably faster than the 0.9 releases. It has a new preferences panel, which is easier to get to grips with than the extensive and scattered menu options at present. It also has a search bar, but unfortunately the bar doesn't stay functional as you move between layers:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6685/screenshot200604280045297je.png

24. ErikAlbert

I just tried K-Meleon 0.9.13 and the Find is still the same like in MSIE.
    It still blocks my view.
    It still stops after the last match.
    I don't see any improvement.
    I don't run betas on my computer. I can wait.

25. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way, BUT, I have a good feeling about this one, that it has a lot of potential; I'd like to maybe try it a year from now! :cool:

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.