JV16 Powertools?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ejr, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I have used JV16 powertools for a while now primarily as a registry cleaner. Been using the last freeware version.

Well, today I decided to try the current version (JV 16 Powertools 2006) as it has a free 30 day trial period. So far so good. It found a ton of registry errors that the last freeware version didn't. My computer seems to be running more efficiently since the install. Lots of nice features on this program other than the registry cleaner too.

Curious if you all use this program?

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I use it and it's a very good program to keep the system clean, stable and fast... ;)

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've used it for quite a few years, going back to its freeware days, and think it's a gem. One nice addition in 2006 is that they've finally added a registry compactor for use after cleaning.

One note of caution, especially if, like me, you've gone through several versions. 2005 and 2006 seem to be a lot more aggressive in reporting registry "errors", even in standard mode, than earlier versions. Back then, you could usually get by without even bothering with backups, but they're a must now.

4. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

I agree, especially if you use some sort of mathematical software. I don´t know why, but somehow registry cleaners don´t like math... ;)

Regards, C.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    The registry cleaner tool is becoming more and more aggressive, as it finds those entries that was still needed by my pc to functions properly. So I don't really trust it to delete or "fix" everything it find. :cautious:

You must be very careful using registry cleaner especially if you have Corel Draw, & Microsoft Office 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.