JV16 Powertools or Tuneup Utilities 2007?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by besafe, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. besafe

besafe Registered Member

I have long been a fan of JV 16 powertools. I used the free version for quite some time, long after it had gone for pay. I then purchased JV16 Powertools and really like the program.

However, someone recently sugested Tuneup Utilities 2007. I am running the trial of that product now. So far I am impressed.

Anyone use both of these products?

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I use both JV-16 2006 & Tune-Up 2007. They compliment each other beautifully. Especially the reg cleans. For instance w/ JV-16 I use the safe registry clean, which omits ActiveX & Comm, w/ Tune-Up I let ActiveX & Comm run. Tune-Up is not as aggressive as JV-16 in Advanced mode. Every now & then I run JV-16 in Advanced mode and delete / repair very carefully, always making sure I B/U prior to changes.

As you know, both apps are way more than reg cleaners but it seems that this is their main strength.

I ALWAYS re-boot after running either app for reg cleaning. This way if something goes awry I know which app caused it and can restore the B/U.

I'd hold on to Tune-Up if I were you. Play w/ it, learn it and enjoy!

...screamer

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

JV has it all. If you have it you don't need to look further.:)

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I have had similiar experiences with what you have faced now: running an impressive utilities app, then a friend suggested something else, and I tested it and liked it. Then I was at a cross road, keeping both or select one of them? My experience told me this: while trying the new one, just refrain from using the original one, then make your own conclusion at the end of trial. Keeping similiar utilities,IMO, just wasting your $$$, you could have used it to purchase another good app. Good luck. BTW, I am using Tuneup 2007, since 2004 version.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Tween the 2. TU2007 wins here.

6. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Hello!

I am JV16 Powertools all the way. I did try Tuneup Utilities 2007, but i went back to JV16 Powertools just because it feels much more nicer and safer!

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i use tune-up its pretty good.........i mainly use the registry-cleaner in it...

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I know this is about jv16 and TU 2007. But I was wondering if for a novice Regsupreme would be the best of the Macecraft products?

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I use RegSupreme Pro and for about $17 it does all you'll need and more. I keep my system free of crap and can back up each time I delete files.:)

10. screamer

screamer Registered Member

The Macecraft software heirachy is based on $ = available options

Regsupreme 1.4 = $
    Regsupreme Pro 1.4 = $$
    J-V 16 PT = $$$

Has nothing to do w/ safety. With any registry cleaner you need to be extremely careful about what you allow it to fix / change. And always BackUp any changes, just it case... There is no such animal as a Safe Registry Cleaner.

...screamer

11. Long View

Long View Registered Member

JV16.

Seeing this post has made me question why I still have TU 2007 running. Not being able to come up with a good answer I'm going to remove TU 2007 and
    just use JV16.

EDIT - change of heart - will use both - JV16 for cleaning and TU2007 for other things like checking disks reg defrag... etc

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  12. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

JV116 Powertools is even recommended by Fred Langa
    <Snipped> ~ Link to warez software removed. Please refer to our TOS - Menorcaman ~

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  13. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Erik, that link is warezware which is a big 'no-no'! The last freeware version of jv16PT is on this webpage: http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/index.html

~ Link to warez software removed from quote - Menorcaman ~

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  14. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I've paid for and run both TU and JV16. Both are very good and detect somewhat different items. If I had to pick only one for registry clean up, it would be JV16 (but fortunately I don't have to make that choice and can continue to use the other options both programs offer).

15. The Hammer

In the poll people were allowed to vote more than one product. It would have been interesting if voters were restricted to one vote.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Your statement made me curious because I had not remembered a defrag with System Tuneup. So after checking on the Acelogix site I noticed that their registry defrag and compactor is available free to those who bought Ace Utilities. I figured I would not be eligible since I went with the System Tuneup version but, to my surprise, it just downloaded and runs great.

17. pvsurfer

Both jv16PT and TU2007 have a registry compactor/defragger (same thing actually).

18. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

This is a tough one. I've used TU 2006 for three or four years. Recently discovered JV16 Powertools RC 3 and have decided to go with it. I also tested TU 2007 with every intention of buying it, but I'm impressed with JV16's ability to get the leftover pieces of uninstalled software. Recently used it on my mother's computer who also uses TU 2006 and JV16 found pieces of software from four years ago. I think there's even more potential with JV16's latest RC3. Both are great products, but to my surprise, I switched. :blink:

19. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: An app finding more registry leftovers does not mean possessing a better capability than others. Normally some registry cleaners are more aggressive than others in finding more errors. Realiability, safety, exclusion list and undo are the foremost important factors in selecting an appropriate one. IMO, in order to completely remove reg residues we still need a registry editor type app to search and delete them manually. Do a thorough test w/ whatever your choice is and remember undo any deletion the moment you find something acting weird.

20. PoetWarrior

I kind of like it when JV16 2007 RC3 finds Zone Alarm registry entries, a program I deleted four years ago, and removes them along with a host of older programs no longer used. JV16 consistently finds the trash better than most. :D

21. pvsurfer

That's probably correct because it's so aggressive. In the past, it has deleted some necessary entries on my system, so my advice is to always use its backup option before allowing it to 'fix' your registry!

22. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

TU 2007 here. Working fine so far.

23. The Hammer

You can change the aggressive setting to something else such as normal can't you? Also are these programs even necessary if your using something like Total Uninstall?

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: A bit of OT. Using Total Uninstaller may not be able to replace any registry cleaner, IMO. TU is very effective in removing any changes between prior and after installation. If you install programs such as A,B, and C in sequence. Then if you decide to remove Program A, you need to uninstall C,then B, finally A. After uninstalltion of A, you need to reinstall B,C. again. A lengthy and painful process. If the list goes miles long, then deleting the very first one will take you months to accomplish that. Again, IMO, none of the registry cleaners available in market today can actually remove ALL registry debris completely. I may be wrong saying this, but to the best of my knowledge, it seems to be the case.

25. PoetWarrior

I appreciate your caution and that's why I use FDISR with Vista Home Premium. I wouldn't dare be so adventurous with my registry if I didn't use a backup strategy. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.