jv16 PowerTools New Version Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by paulderdash, Apr 21, 2023.

1. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Is anyone using jv16 PowerTools v8? Any views?
    They have been around forever and I have a lifetime license.
    It is in active development and I believe the developer(s) are worth supporting.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've tried every major version since it was first released. I don't know if there's much point in using it, as it is exceptionally rare for so called registry errors to cause any problems or make a computer run slower. It has given me occasional false positives at times too. The next version is going to have an improved uninstaller. I will test it when it's released to see how it compares with HiBit.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have at least a license from the XP days, it was useful then but with the latest Windows OSs it has become useless, my opinion of course...

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I last gave it a try on Vista where it corrupted registry, so I ditched it.

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I think to touch the registry with any program, even the ones deemed safe, it is a risky idea, and it won't improve performance on modern OSs...

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I had bad experiences with it some time ago and also didn't appreciate them cramming so many programs into it. It just gets to be too much. Simple, Slender and error-free is always more ideal!
    That said JV Tools back in the day was about every Windows user's Go-To before MS outrun the vendors tools like this.

7. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

The new major version 8 of jv16 PowerTools with an improved software uninstaller was released a few days ago. I'm looking forward to your jv16 and HiBit comparison test. I have a jv16 license but I haven't used it. My go-to uninstaller currently is HiBit.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.