jv16 PowerTools 2005 1.5.0.269 23-2-05

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

jv16 PowerTools 2005 1.5.0.269 23-2-05

23.02.2005 - jv16 PowerTools 2005 Announced

HELSINKI, FINLAND -- February 23, 2005 -- Macecraft Software, a leading provider of Windows registry and maintenance utilities, today announced the newest version of the acclaimed jv16 PowerTools PC utility product.

jv16 PowerTools is a complete toolkit to maximize the performance of any PC. With a user base comprising several million downloads, the program is used by both home and power users as well helpdesk and support personnel around the globe.

jv16 PowerTools allows users to remove all traces of previously uninstalled software, to clean the computer's Windows registry for optimal performance and stability, and to fix many registry-based problems with a single mouse click. The ultra-streamlined multilingual user interface allows the software to be used in all major languages, while automatic backup and safety features make the program very safe to use.

”Macecraft products are not packed with flashy graphics or elaborate user interfaces *– only the most powerful range of no-nonsense PC tools on the market. The new jv16 PowerTools 2005 offers a host of exciting new capabilities, while bringing the product to an ever larger audience of home and casual PC users,” said Jouni Vuorio, Lead Developer, Macecraft Software.

jv16 PowerTools 2005 is available immediately. A normal license for new users is priced at $29.95. Upgrade licenses for current license owners of jv16 PowerTools version 1.4.x are available for $5.95.

New features in jv16 PowerTools 2005 include:

* AI (Artificial Intelligence) improved search features and Registry Cleaner
    * Downloadable on-the-fly updates to the Registry Cleaner engine that further increase the security of the product
    * Expanded registry search options
    * History/Most Recently Used Cleaner allows unwanted history items of many common applications to be flushed
    * History Manager lets users control which web browser history items are stored on the computer, or to clear them all
    * Cookie Manager helps organize cookies and automatically removes unwanted cookies
    * File Cleaner function now finds many new unused files, including unused fonts
    http://www.macecraft.com/news/68/

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

QUOTE FROM THE AUTHOR'S
    A slightly updated build (1.5.0.270) was released a moment ago. It should resolve the problem of the Registry Cleaner feature freezing during a scan. The problem did not occur in our extensive beta testing program nor in our own testing environments. Update: Some users have reported that the Registry Cleaner still freezes, we are currently working on to fix the problem.
    http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

An updated build (1.5.0.271)

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

One caution with this one, if you're upgrading from a registered 1.4 like I did. They seem to be a little sloppy with record-keeping -- the first email-with-reg-attachment I got still left me in trial mode, even after a (probably unnecessary) reboot. They sent me another one which worked fine, so I'm guessing there was a mixup in the order no. and the first one was either courrupted or was the wrong one and intended for the 1.4.

But I'll give them credit, they're improving in one sense, much prompter replies -- we got it straightened out in a couple of hours.

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

RANT

Right, have to spill my guts somewhere...

I bought jv16 (1.4) on the 12th of january this year, after using the old free version for quite some time. Now on the site they have an anouncement that new buyers from the 14th and up receive a free upgrade to jv16 2005. Wondering if I would qualify as well, I send Macecraft an email.
    They reply was somewhat simplistic, stating that the line had to be drawn somewhere, that they were very sorry but no I did not qualify, but the upgrade was not that expensive.

Needless to say, I'm contemplating now if I need this 2005 version. And to be honest, it will probably be the last business I will have with Macecraft.

Thanks for your patience reading this :D

/RANT

6. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

does anyone know if there is a zip version of jv16 2005 see i like to run it from a cd rarther that having to have it installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.