jv16 power tools

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lvhkyjr2, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvhkyjr2

lvhkyjr2 Registered Member

Anyone running jv16PowerTools that can help. Im trying to remove all the invalid green registry entries and the blue status bar that says working hangs and hangs and nothing ever happens

2. root

root Registered Member

I would try uninstalling it, rebooting and reinstalling it.
    If that doesn't get it, I would contact Jouni - mailto:support@macecraft.com

3. lvhkyjr2

uninstalled-re installed, works now

4. lvhkyjr2

Alright now its not working again, getting that working please wait blue status bar again, even walked away had dinner took nap came back and nothing happened

5. root

root Registered Member

I would contact Jouni - mailto:support@macecraft.com now. Sounds like some kind of conflict.

6. lvhkyjr2

I just e-mailed support, maybe this time ill get an answer since I bought the program , last time I never got an answer for the problem

7. lvhkyjr2

Possably be a conflict with AOL that I use for back up incase my broadband goes out. Ive noticed jv16 detects around 450 aol reg keys. What i can do though is remove one by one it allows me to. When I remove all the AOL reg keys and reboot , run AOL again then do another scan the 450 aol reg keys are re-created and show up again in my jv16 reg scan. Maybe AOL is trying to re-create the keys at the same time jv16 is trying to remove them. When I run regseeker program it dosnt detect any AOL keys and removes invalid reg keys without a problem....

8. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I have experienced the same problem and have read about it on the old JV16 forum. I am still using the free version, and see the problem from time to time. Which version are you using?

Here is the workaround that I use. Keep in mind, as crazy as it sounds, that I did not discover it myself. When you experience such a lock-up, back out to the main menu, change the language preference (say, from English to French), apply the change and then undo it. The registry cleaner should now work without freezing. Reinstalling won't eliminate the problem.

I believe Jouni has been aware of this issue, as it was discussed on the JV16 forum. I would have figured that the current pay version would have addressed it.

9. lvhkyjr2

Using the most recent version right now, downloaded it from there website yesterday. I'll try your workaround. I couldnt find anyone that was having the same problem as I. Im guessing ya the new pay version hasnt been addressed of the problem, i'll see if I get e-mailed back with a response

10. lvhkyjr2

optigrab, is there a jv16 forum? I noticed you said you read about it from the old jv16 forum

11. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

I only tried the program out briefly but I came across something that seems very similar to your issue. In my case, I was cleaning (if I remember right) ~1600 entries ( :D ) and what I did to work around it was to select about 500 at a time and it worked fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.