Just wondering....

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Firecat, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

These might be stupid questions to ask, but I would like to ask you guys if you wear spectacles, monocles or contact lenses, and how often do you use them...My specs just came yesterday, and I'm feeling a bit uneasy with them...just thought I'd ask.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

sometimes I need binoculars and a scuba, for the rest there is nothing on my nose...:)

3. Firecat

Actually my optical power is small and I do not NEED specs but I'm using it to avoid increase in the same...

4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I have glasses for reading at long distances so I can read the bored at school and I need to wear them for watching TV but thats it.

Jimbob

5. Firecat

Its just about the same for me Jimbob...The only problem is that the doctor wrote on my slip 'constant use'! I use my specs most of the time, for reading and for watching TV/playin' with the PC...My left eye is the one that does need specs, it has been damaged due to constant injuries I recieved over the past two years, my right eye's weakness is very negligible, though I got lens fitted onto my specs for both eyes anyway...

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Firecat
    I have been near sighted all my life.I can read the smallest print up close,but have to have glasses or contacs for distance.Sometimes glasses or (especially contacts) are hard to get used to.I remember the first glasses I ever got,I put them on and it looked like a different world :D

7. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've used glasses for reading since I was a young kid (8 or so?), and separate distance glasses since my mid or late teens.

Typically I leave my distance glasses close by my other "going out" things (keys and wallet), so I can conveniently grab them all at once. But I'm not blind-as-a-bat nearsighted, so if I'm just going down for the mail (or sometimes even out walking the dog) sometimes I won't even bother to change glasses. I can't legally drive without my distance glasses, but with that one exception I can get around just fine without them.

8. Firecat

Same goes for me...I may not realise it that well but many of the colours are looking a lot different now for me than it used to before I got the specs...the streetlights seem especially beautiful...One day I'll look back to my first specs and remember just like you! :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  9. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Myopic here too....

10. Firecat

Me too, for right now at least. I don't have glasses for reading, just long distance.

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I went to have my eyes examined a few months ago as I was told by the elders of my family that I was at the age where most in the family began experiencing difficulties with their eyes. The doc told me my vision is perfect 20/20 to all distances and also told me I probably should be quiet about that on the way back through the waiting room :p

12. Firecat

:'( Waaahhh...Your so (un? :p)lucky!

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Near sighted here and wear them from the moment I awake till I crash.

Having never had glasses will definetly take some getting used to....so good luck sticking with them. Even tho I am not an eye doctor....vision does improve from check-up to check-up for certain vision problems if the glasses are worn as perscribed.

14. Jimbob1989

Can anyone associate wearing glasses with too much time on the computer?

Jimbob

15. Firecat

Me too (near sighted)! (I am using the specs) Right from after taking my bath in the morning till I go to sleep. And thanks for the advice.

16. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Same situation here.

Been wearing glasses for about 40 years now.

snowbound

17. Jimbob1989

Something I would really dislike; having to wear glasses all the time.

Jimbob

18. Firecat

Well, I am doing exactly that right now, so imagine how I'd feel, especially since its only my second day with the spectacles...

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Speaking of only when I started wearing glasses....we didn't have computers, remote control TV's, boom boxes or girls that asked you out....but I'm sure today many young folks needing glasses would be found to have watch\played a lot of video games and a whole lot of surfin :cool:

20. Jimbob1989

Althought I don't have a clue what its like wearing glasses all the time, I should amagine that wearing glasses is something you get use to after a while or begin to not notice as much. Someone please point out if I'm wrong.

Jimbob

21. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Don't fret about it Firecat.

It 's like anything else. U will get used to them. ;) :D

snowbound

22. Jimbob1989

:eek: Thought I would just highlight the things I would miss most

23. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I think there are probaly some eye probs associated with computer use etc.I read recently that scientists are linking glaucoma with computer use.That worrys me a little,but I think I was born nearsighted,or at least developed it by the time I was five years old.

24. Jimbob1989

I Didn't know what glaucoma was so I thought I would look it up and realised that others might also not know.

25. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... ~Puppy has some Pretty Cool Specs~ :p ~Always Looking Sooooo distinguished & debonair~ :D :cool:

And like others, I need vision enhancement from morning to night ;)

No worries Firecat; All us geniuses where them. :)

~ Notice how Cool they Look --> :cool: <-- ~

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.