Just wanna get it Right

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Oxford, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxford

Oxford Registered Member

Hello
    New to this , patience please!

Licenced user, I had v-3.15 installed and running fine but the last two sets of updates really sent my system for a loop. At the time I removed 3.15 as directed in this forum. Thanks for that!
    I now have everything up and running better than before 23 seconds from logon to settled HD, I like it!
    Downloaded the new version and want to proceed with the install but I would like to know if the STICKY on Rootkit Protection is still in effect for the more current version.
    Also is there a new handbook in the Download or do I just kinda follow the previous edition.

Your help is greatly welcomed
    Oxford

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

if you want to download build 3.4, you have to use the link in the thread "PG 3.4 released!".. last i looked, the download at the DCS website was still build 3.15..

since you have used PG before, you should be familiar with it.. you just download it and install it.. there is a help file, but you don't really need to read it in order to use PG.. setting up PG is pretty intuitive..

if you are a licensed user, you will still have all of the same protection.. i am not familiar with the free versions, if that is what you are asking about..

if you need to uninstall build 3.15 before installing build 3.4, to uninstall PG, disable PG's protection, from within the GUI, close PG from icon in the systray.. use taskmanager to close the two PG-processes that are still running so that all PG processes are closed before running the uninstall.. after running the uninstall, reboot. then remove any leftover PG files:

pghash.dat (system32)
    pguard.dat (system32)
    procguard.dll (system32)
    procguard.sys (drivers)

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The website now lists Version 3.4...:thumb:

4. Oxford

Oxford Registered Member

Thank you!

Written well but... , can you please read it again.
    There are only two questions:
    1 To do with the Rootkit protection Sticky
    2 Is the a new manual
    Thanks for your assistance
    Oxford

5. redwolfe_98

i don't know what you mean by "rootkit protection sticky"..

6. Oxford

Oxford Registered Member

7. redwolfe_98

ok.. it is still the same.. i untick the priviledge for "services.exe" to "install drivers"..

i tick to allow "services.exe" to install drivers when i need it, and then i untick it.. so, for me, that means that i tick it when i am logging on to my ISP and then i untick it after i have logged on..

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well that is a shame. What IS improved in this new version? I can't have services.exe restricted like that. It would drive me nuts.

9. StriderSkorpion

StriderSkorpion Registered Member

Well, if you have an nVidia graphics card, graphics applications (i.e. video players, games, etc.) no longer ask for physical memory access plugging up potential security holes. That and most/all drive backup programs should work without complaining about the dat files. Plus some GUI enhancements (at least from 3.15 to 3.4, not sure about 3.2 or 3.3 & 3.4 betas), IMO that is or they could just be consider layout changes. For example, if you maximize the GUI, then minimize it to the tray, and then open the GUI again it will still be maximized (before with 3.15 it would just open to a smaller window).

10. Oxford

Oxford Registered Member

EXCELLENT thank you!
    Cheers
    Oxford

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.