Just trying to figure out Enterprise Server and have Qs!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Well, my pals here know I am a big ATI fan and asked me to help solve a few enterprise problems. This one is probally not related to ATIES but perhaps ya'll can help me out:

When I try to log onto another machine to distrbute the client, etc. I get a logon error, and they insist the userid and password are right. I even checked, looks right (ie. I can log onto the machine at the glass). I am at the management console, click intall acronis components to a remote computer, and get this:

E00640000: Remote installation to "MYREMOTE" failed.

The network path \\MYREMOTE\ADMIN$ was not found.

Hmmm...does something need to be shared here? :ouch:

Thanks all!!!!
    jigs

Ps. just tried another of the machines on the lan and get a totally dif error:

E00640000: Remote installation to "NEW_RECEPTION" failed.

Access is denied. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070005
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello herojig,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please be aware, that most likely you are trying to distribute the agent to a Windows XP Professional machine where`Simple File Sharing` option is enabled or to a Windows XP Home machine. If it is a Windows XP Professional machine, please disable Simple File Sharing there. If it is a Windows XP Home machine - then you cannot distribute the agent to it.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

3. herojig

herojig Registered Member

yes, that did the trick, for some reason they had simple file sharing on...also, is there a switch for english, it's all in german and i am not a native german speaker. I guess the next step is to export a license file to all workstations...thanks!
    jigs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.