Just started my Nod32 trial yesterday

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by luciddream, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

So far I am a fan. It installed cleanly with no problems and doesn't conflict with any of my existing software. On paper (actually in Task Manager), it says it uses slightly more resources than my KAV did, but in actuality it "feels lighter" to me. When my KAV would scan inbound files there was sometimes a noticable lag, more noticable upon completion of any downloaded file(s). I notice no such lag with Nod32. Not to mention the PDM in KAV always throwing pop-ups in my face, always for things I'm trying to do myself that are not threats in any way, shape, or form. I've come to find that using a good HIPS program in conjuction with a good AV softaware (like Nod32) is far less intrusive. I never once had the PDM actually do anything usefull, it pretty much just irritated me.

Couldn't believe how fast Nod scans until I tried it myself. I had heard about it, but didn't really appreciate it until I saw with my own 2 eyes. Heard complaints about the interface... personally I like it. It's not fancy and visually appealing, luckily that is not a criteria for me. Everything is where I want it to be and the options are highly customizable giving me more control. I'm pretty much using Blackspears recommended settings with a couple tweaks, it's working like a charm thus far.

If my level of satisfaction continues in this direction for the next 29 days I'll undoubtedly purchase this product.

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yep it's awesome. It's the fastest & lightest AV I've ever had, and the amount of options & tweaks you can do is just priceless.

3. JAB

JAB Registered Member

Agreed with regard to PDM in KAV.

Which HIPS are you planning to use with NOD32?

Thanks.

/jab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.