Just purchased Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kegel, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

I just purchased PG. I already have TDS registered. I received a confirmation stating that my order has been accepted but no download link. I assume I will recieve one soon? In the meantime, can I just download the demo version and unlock it later or is the full verison a separate download?

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

DiamondCS sends registration-keys only on working days.
    So please wait till monday ;)

Sorry, I have to leave your other questions to the ProcessGuard experts.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

good to hear, just purchased it last night.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Namor, I would uninstall the trial version completely and start again, mainly because this will give you the default protection list that is omitted from the trial. I cannot remember if installing the full version over the trial will achieve the protection list additions.

Please read through the Sticky threads here for more information about your initial set up etc.

Have fun and do not rush the installation, watch the Process Guard log as you add protection list programs as this is very helpful for making the necessary allows etc.

HTH Pilli

5. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

After reading many of the PG posts, I am wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing. Does anyone out there have a stable, error free install of PG? I dont mind a lenghthy setup procedure but once done, I dont want to worry abou tit too much.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kegel, As with any support forum you mainly read about those that are having problems and not the majority that have none.
    Personally I have no problems running Process Guard on two different PC's & a laptop using three different OS's. If you are in the habit of changing your software often then you will need to spend a little time keeping Process Guard updated.
    Like any software that runs deep into the Operating system it is always best to use the trial to ensure compatability with the target system.

HTH Pilli

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

HI Kegel.... Enjoy the extra security PG will offer. :)

Just to verify Pilli's statement regarding problems.

It is true that a majority of users will post in here regarding troubles with it [or ANY] other program simply because of the fact it is a Security and HELP forum.

However, I can vouch for at least 2 other people [friends] + myself and never had a problem as such. Been a small glitch once or twice in saving a log file, but apart from that, nada, works fine here.

As to dl the demo, NO, I would not do that. Wait until DCS sends keyfile Monday [it's 2.00 a.m. Monday morning here now, so you should have it in like about 10-20 hours] then follow links with keyfile email.

XP PRO SP1, WD HDD, nVidia GFX, AMD Athlon XP are my specs.

Cheers, TAS

8. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Hello, Kegel. I installed the full version of PG a week ago. It does take some time to get it setup correctly, but it's really an easy process. And once you have it setup correctly, your computer is nice and secure. I don't have any regrets. :)

And concerning troubles you've read about, as Pilli and Tassie stated, most users rarely have problems. Not to say they don't have questions. And you can feel better knowing that support is next to none. If you have a question, you'll get a quick answer right here. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.