Just purchased=Can't download

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by h0ping, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0ping

h0ping Registered Member

Just purchased the ESET IS, but can't use "download" links provided.
    I ran Windows 7 64 bit.
    The popped-up Windows Security logon window is not accepting the credentials provided in the email.
    I have searched for my issue on this forum.
    The same very problem found here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=284204
    but there is no solution posted.
    I tried to IM Rmuffler, the Eset Moderator.
    IM isn't working as well.
    All of this is very discouraging.
    Please respond ASAP, otherwise I'd need to call and ask for refund.

-h0ping.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello h0ping,

Give the system a few hours to complete your purchase and process your credentials. If they don't work, post again.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello h0ping,

The username and password are case sensitive, did you try typing them in and if that did not work, then copying and pasting them in?

I will send you a personal message where you can respond with your customer information.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. h0ping

h0ping Registered Member

Hello Rmuffler,

No, I just copied and pasted them in the Windows Security pop-up window, so there should not be mistake there.
    By the way I have posted link with same problem described by Gil123 in October 11th.
    It seems like I have the same very problem in Windows 7 64 bit, Running Microsoft Internet Security (don't know how relevant this is in this particular case - ESET isn't even downloaded yet).
    Anyone have found solution since October 11th?

-h0ping

5. Rmuffler

Hello h0ping,

It looks as though either typing in the username and password or copying and pasting it in worked for Gil123 since he did not respond to my post. I have seen instances where copying and pasting the UN and PW does not work because the formatting from the email is also pasted in. It's best to try entering it multiple ways to simply be sure that that is not the issue. You can type it in exactly how you see it from your email or copy it to notepad and then take it from notepad and past it into the entry box so that any unseen source coding from the email is not copied over. If trying those do not work I definitely want to help you by looking up your account to make sure that there are no errors there and I can try your username and password on my end to see if receive the same failed results.

Thank you,
    Richard

6. h0ping

h0ping Registered Member

Update.

The ESET representative called about 20 min ago and suggested to enter the credentials manually.
    Trick worked.
    I do not know why Windows 7 could not do copy and paste without alternating the user id/password, but apparently that what was happening.
    Even though I watched for it and was making sure not to paste-in space or cut off a letter or number from the credential.
    Oh well...
    I guess: case closed now.

-h0ping

7. Rmuffler

Hello h0ping,

Thank you for the update and I am happy to hear that all is working now. Yeah the usual ting to do if one way does not work is to try entering it in the other way. Doing that will determine whether or not UN and PW is in fact the issue.

Regards,
    Richard

8. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I missed this topic earlier but I have had this problem quite a few times and manually entering usually works. I have found that the copy and paste puts a space at the beginning of the password which causes it to be rejected. You don't normally see the preceding space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.