Just learning Spyware, basic question about startup

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by shmx3, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmx3

shmx3 Registered Member

Hi Forum. Installed Spyware yesterday, just learning now.

Do I have this right: Simply by running the install/setup program, the spyware software will get loaded every time I boot my machine? That's OK, I just don't remember seeing anything telling me that. Maybe I'm naive here o_O but I usually expect a configuration or settings or options tab or similar, where I choose whether or not I'd like the program to start automatically. But I didn't see anything like that. If I'm wrong, and SpywareBlaster does NOT start automatically, then how would I go about doing that? An entry in \documents and settings\<username>\start menu\programs\startup, or an entry in hklm\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run in the registry? or what?

By the way, if it makes any difference, I'm running windows XP home edition.

Thanks in advance to any who shed any light on this for me.

Steve

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi shmx3,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Could you tell us exactly which program you installed.
    I'm guessing SpywareBlaster, but I can move your question to the correct forum when we are sure.

Regards,

Pieter

3. shmx3

shmx3 Registered Member

yes, Pieter, it's SpywareBlaster. Sorry, I thought the name Spyware was sufficient.
    Steve

4. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi shmx3,

firstly,

spywareblaster is not something like common softwares getting autostarted or not etc.
    It dont need to be autostarted, actually it is not of that concept.
    It is a program that when installed and after you have done this
    Visit here http://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachments/SpywareBlaster-selectandprotect.png

it then, sets kill bits to those spywares that you can see in its main window.
    once you are done.. you are protected. and it dont matter whether you run it or even uninstall it, the protection will remain unless you remove the protection.

any more questions
    feel free to post
    (oh it will be moved to spywareblaster forum pretty soon)

take care

5. shmx3

shmx3 Registered Member

OK, Subratam, I get it.

Very powerful. Kind of scary actually. That just by "activating" it one time, it continues to block access to all those ActiveX controls. Even unistalling doesn't prevent it from blocking in the future.

I realize, to "undo" the blocks, I'd have to "Deselect All" then "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items". Just wondering, do you think most people who have installed realize that? It's a pretty important and not immediately obvious.

Thanks for your assistance.

Steve

P.S. OK about moving to spyware blaster forum. I didn't see that; I just saw the one about spyware and hijack problems. Sorry.

6. subratam

subratam Registered Member

actually the threats of spywares being increased so much you need this kinda protection. and most would not want to remove the protection but if any problem is there regarding not able to access some page or else you can ofcourse remove the listed one.but, IMHO it is best to keep protected.

Its my pleasure :)

Its ok, mate :)
    you dont have to think about forums just joining here. let your questions be answered and slowly get in the groove.
    keep posting and have a roam around if possible, there's more here other than spyware blasters ;) :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.