Just installed the new 3.1.15 server and have a few questions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by aluminex, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

I will start will saying I have been reading the manual and searching the forums but can't find answers to these questions. If anyone can help me I would be much obliged.

Policy.
    I can add a policy to exclude certain files and assign workstations but said workstations never received the exclusion. I can change other information such as disable stealth mode and it works but I never see my file exclusions on my client end.

Email.
    I need to setup notifications anytime someone has a threat that isn't cleaned or cleaned on next reboot. I would like an individual email for each occurrence. Is this possible and how? Notifications Manager or through the client.

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

Hello aluminex,

1. Make sure that your exclusions are actual paths (i.e. C:\Programs Files\ESET\) and not environmental variables (i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\). We currently do not support environmental variables.

2. The notifications can be set on the client machines if you go into the advanced setup window (hit F5 on the keyboard on the main ESET window) and navigate to:

Tools > Alerts and notification

You can push this configuration change to all your clients. This will allow your clients to send individual notification when they are infected.

3. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

Ryan,

Is using a policy an effective way to push these changes as well?

4. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

aluminex,

You can actually use Policy Manager within the ESET Remote Administrator Console window under Tools menu option.

When your client machines connect to the ESET RA Server, they will adapt the changes you made to the policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.