Just done my First on Line Scan ..now what do I do..?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mypenry, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mypenry

mypenry Registered Member

First sorry if this post is in the wrong section ( still learning ) ....

Ive just done my first on line scan, ( Panda) and its found this .............
    Your computer is infected by Processor?

Keep in mind that Processor is not really a virus but a Hacking Tool. So make sure that your Panda solution detects and removes this type of threat. For more detailed information, check the comparative table on Panda Products.
    Common Name .... Processor

Technical name: .....Application/Processor
    Type ... Hacking Tool

Effects ....

It gathers information and interacts with the processes that are being run, it allows running processes to be viewed, closed, ended and suspended, and it permits process priority and affinity to be changed. It can be locally or remotely run.
    Processor is a hacking tool. Though these programs are legitimate and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.

Processor is a command line application that can be locally or remotely run, as it is compatible with Telnet Server (tlntsvr).

Processor gathers information and interacts with the processes that are being run in the affected computer. It permits running processes to be viewed, as well as their owners, set of permissions, CPU time, creation time, etc.

Additionally, Processor allows processes to be ended or closed and to be suspended or resumed later. It also permits process affinity and priority to be changed.

Processor does not pose a risk by itself, but it can be used with malicious intentions

Ive run a full scan with the following , but they did not find the item...
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot S&D
    ewido 4 ( paid )
    AVG

as a ' newbie ' can some one please tell me what I have to do next...? your comments and advice most welcome

.............. Mypenry

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I would also suggest to use several online scanners to see what they find since detection varies (you can find a few on my signature line plus many of the major companies also offer them such as McAfee, F-secure, Webroot, etc.) Since Panda did not offer the removal service, some of the others might have that function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.