Just curious---

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by teg1, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teg1

teg1 Registered Member

Way back in May, I believe a number of posts recomended disconnecting from the internet while working with boot media disk (restore, backup)--is this a good or necessary practice and if so, why?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Do you mean disconnect from the internet while booting from the Rescue CD? o_O o_O

While you are working with the bootable Rescue CD, you are booting from the CD, loading the CD into memory and there is no way to connect to the internet.

3. teg1

teg1 Registered Member

Yes--I am asking--should I unplug my ethernet cable from the router (DHCP server)--(not part of a LAN as such)-computer connects to internet thru router to modem to internet.

So in essence you're saying that the Linux version of ATI (bootable Rescue CD as you put it) CAN NOT in any way ever go to the internet or be seen by the internet ??

Thanks for your reply--

Tom

4. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

You don't have to disconnect your ethernet cord, router, or whatever ....just to Restore, or make an Image of your HD. I never do.

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, cannot, unless you connect to it manually.

When you start Windows, your modem is turned on, but your Windows is not connected to the internet unless you use your dialer to connect with your username and password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.