Just bought it

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by nixie21, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Welcome to the FD club, you'll have fun and a lot of support from the posters here.

Please don't think you won't be able to do things, you will -I did and I'm probably older than you!

Seriously, you'll love trying new software etc. and have it screw up your system (or you just plain don't like it) and you boot to your other snapshot, copy/update it to the one you messed up and it never happened, all is as it was:)

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Stapp, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm 67. It's not that I don't think I can learn it, but at this age we don't like aggrevation. :D

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

FDISR has no key or serial number, whatever you call it.
    So the trial version has no key either.
    Once you decide to buy it, you can download the real FDISR (also without key).
    Uninstall the trial version first without removing the snapshots and install the paid FDISR.
    You can install the paid version over and over again, no activation needed either.
    After all FDISR isn't RBRx and in many ways.

4. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

When you are ready to buy, email support.. I asked if they had any coupons or specials, and received a 20% coupon!

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Nixie21, Thanks for the tip. I also have PD8 and they sent a discount promo to entice me while I was using the trial copy. If they don't send one I'll be sure to e-mail them.

ErikAlbert, If they don't issue you a key number or something, how do they know you paid for your copy?

6. ErikAlbert

Good question, I think Peter can answer your question.
    I assume that you can't install YOUR FDISR on another computer, but wait for Peter's answer.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Tell you the truth I am not really sure. I know you can't download after a period, but beyond that not really sure. I have always valued Raxco's products and support, that I've always bought the licenses. They will make you a bit of a deal if you call. Also there support has been so outstanding I do have the maintenance package. Again since it was 6 licenses they combined them and again made me a bit of a deal.

These guys are really worth the money.

twl845, listen to stapp. Age has nothing to do with this. If you think you can, you can. It becomes fun. I've been trying to do a clean install of Vista to do some testing. No Dual boot, or FDISR snapshot. So far I've managed to trash my system twice. No sweat, this is what ShadowProtect is for.

Pete

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK I installed the trial software from the Raxco ver.3.10 bld.173 and made a secondary snapshot. One thing though, it says 14 day trial, not 30 day trial. Can anybody advise me?

9. ErikAlbert

If I remember well, I also had 14 or 15 days and that is indeed very short, but that's the way it is.

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

ErikAlbert, It said right on the download trial link 30 days.

11. ErikAlbert

FDISR must have some kind of security as a replacement for a serial number, otherwise I can use my FDISR and each computer without paying the bill. That's absurd.

12. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

Aloha,

FDISR has a cusomer ID number under the about menu.

USAAlone

13. ErikAlbert

And ... ? That doesn't keep users away from installing FDISR on other computers.

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Could be Raxco made the decision, that the cost of copy protection wasn't worth the bother, I don't know. As I said I never fooled with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.