Just another Lame Post by dog ... What are yor top 5 Bands?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by dog, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

Yup, another LAME post by me ... LOL ... :D

What are your Top 5 Favourite Bands/Artist? * please post your Favourite's regardless of the Contents Language or Style ... it allows us to grow. ;)
    Also, what is your favourite music genre? (I know this is kinda a poll ... but doesn't have anything to do with PC's or Security, ... so I posted it here. ;)

dog - *puppy*

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Metalica
    Iron maiden
    The doors
    The brothers phelps
    beatles

(Music)
    rock
    techno
    dance-rave
    some country
    classical-once in a while
    spanish classical

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi again All, :D

My favourite genre is Classic Rock! ;)
    1. Led Zeppelin
    2. AC/DC
    3. The Rolling Stones
    4. The Beatles
    5. Bob Dylan & Bob Marley Tie for 5th

It was really tough to narrow it down to those ... other Fav's include ... The Who, The Guess Who, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, CCR, Clapton, U2, Queen, Black Sabbath, Supertramp, Steppenwolf, Eagles, Tom Petty, Lynyrd Sknynrd, Rush, Steve Miller, Van Halen, The Doors, G.T. and the Destoryers, Travil'n Wilbury's, Deep Purple, ZZ Top, Jethro Tull, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac, Peter Frampton (Do you feel like we do), Bob Seger, Alice Cooper, Dire Straits, Dooble Brothers, ELP, ELO, G 'n R, Cream, Bon Jovi ... I'll stop here, other wise it'll just go on and on ... LOL :D - well I went a bit further when I editted my post, it's still not a complete list, but I pretty good start - Sorry All, I'm just Nut's about Music!!! :D

I also listen to some jazz, blues, country, adult comtempary ... and reggae(I only really listen to members of Wailer's ... Bob, Peter, and Bunny ... and a little from Bob's kids)

dog - *puppy*

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2004
  4. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

I was thinking for awhile about what are my top 4 favorite bands. Because I already knew my favorite band is HIM :D . But to put any other band on the list with HIM, just wouldnt be right. They would not be in the same league ;)

Other than that I like all genres of music. I always seem to find an artist or group I really like in all genres, so i am able to appreciate most (if not all). I also seem to find a lot of groups I hate in all genres, so i guess it works both ways.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I like all of those to, just not enough time or room to put all the good bands and good music down on short notice :D ;)

6. dog

dog Guest

Just a side note to this thread ... I received an ablum from a friend a few years ago ... it's a really interesting listen if anyone ever gets the chance ... it was recorded at the Newport Music Festival - (The first time Bob Dylan went electric BTW)

Anyway the Album is: Alice's Restaurant Massacre - Song by the same name - Artist: Arlo Guthrie

- it's basically a song about the draft ... it's interesting and provides a few laughs - approx. 18mins long.

dog - *puppy*

7. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Geez...so much great music out there!

But as a member of the high school graduating class of '69, I would have to say:

Doors; Moody Blues (those 2 are my favorites!); Pink Floyd; Stones; Janis Joplin; Hendrix; Crosby, Stills & Nash; AC/DC; Pat Benatar; REM; INXS; Billy Idol; Bob Marley... the list could go on and on.

In quieter moods, I love classical! Especially big moving orchestral stuff but also listen to quieter riffs. The list includes: Shostakovich, Khachaturian, Beethoven, Holst, Grieg, Brahms, Orff, Stravinsky (Le Sacre, yeah!), Wagner.....another endless list.

The last several years I've gotten into ethnic music, especially Celtic stuff. I love the hauntingly beautiful lyrics of the Celtic vocalist NÓIRÍN NÍ RIAIN (sorry for the caps but the acute marks don't show up without 'em). Also love Andean pan-pipe stuff!

Great topic, Dog! And certainly not "lame" at all! ;)

Music is certainly a gift from God! There is so much great stuff out there that it's hard to pick! :cool:

FWIW, that's my 2¢!

8. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Nice thread! :) Here are a few I like:

Some of my favourite bands

1. Radio Head
    2. M.E.M.
    3. Clannad
    4. Red Priest (a Baroque ensemble)
    5. The Temptations (old)

Some of my favourite singers:

1. Loreena Mc Kennitt.
    2. Connie Dover
    3. Jeff Buckley
    4. Gordon Lightfoot
    5. Purcell (Henry): Hail Cecilia

I like J.S. Bach's fugues, Beethoven's Héroïque and Für Elise...

9. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Limiting us to just five, eh? Nothing like a challenge, I guess, so here goes:

Classic Rock

1. Deep Purple
    2. Lynyrd Skynyrd
    3. Boston
    4. Black Sabbath (w/Ozzie)
    5. Jethro Tull

'Oldies'

1. Moody Blues
    2. Buddy Holly
    3. Janis Joplin
    4. The Mamas and The Papas
    5. The Association

This was tough, even though my choices are subject to whim and mood. Other favorites: Glenn Miller, Frank Zappa, The Irish Rovers and anything with ... BAGPIPES! :eek:

[EDIT] Uguel's post reminded me -- I forgot the Brandenburgs (on harpsichord, of course)!!

10. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Only 5 ?! Geez indeed... :eek::D

It seems though, that I'm among musical friends here as well:

May Favo's are any GUITAR-BASS-DRUM based line up (Keep it simple and..ROCK! ;))
    Especially like most singer-songwriters, like Tom Petty; John Hiatt, Mark Knopfler etc.

Classic Rock (with tendency to harder stuff..)
    so, obviously: STONES, ACDC, Dire Straits (live), WHO, Led Zeppelin
    (Yet) also: Fleetwood Mac

Irish (Folk);

Australian (Indo);

apart from that I'm a big MOZART fan, when in classical mood.

ah, most of the above replies bring up other nice music..most important is to enjoy and explore further and further.

Most music is linked with memories and emotions: isn't it just a fantastic powerful joy of life? :D

grtz,
    slammer

11. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

Just random:

Queen
    Deep Purple
    Joe Cocker
    Rolling Stones
    ACDC

And everything from Arrow Classic, ;)

Gerard

12. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Its not: Just another Lame Post

Greetz Dog,

Gerard :D

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

1. Led Zeppelin
    2. Led Zeppelin
    3. Led Zeppelin
    4. J.S. Bach
    5. Antonio Vivaldi

(I'm serious).

Acadia

14. freyday

freyday Guest

here's my current top 5 which changes often:

1.Loreena Mckennett

2.Jewel

3.Sarah Mclachlan

4.Alanis Morissette

5.Solas

The thing about Led Zeppelin is nearly every piece of music from R. Plant's vocal lines and style to J. Pages guitar riffs and songs and even J.P. Jones bass lines are outright stolen from other sources(from their first album right up to their last and everything in between). They originally gave 0% credit to the originators of the music. Rather they pretended it was their own. Only after legal action did they give credit to SOME of the original artists. But many of their other sources didn't bother to attempt legal action against Zep. It's one thing to be inspired by other artists and borrow some ideas, but to steal their songs and style, and then not to give them credit and pretend you invented it, is downright criminal. For this reason alone, not to mention many others- which would take too long to write, i could never vote a band of thieves into the top 100 even. No offence to anyone here who voted for them.

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

... all I know is that no music on this planet puts goose bumps on my skin like LZ, and that’s what counts, the heart and soul, take care.

Acadia

16. dog

dog Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.