Just about had it with TI 9 - corrupt backup scripts now ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CarolHaynes, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolHaynes

CarolHaynes Registered Member

ARGHHHHHH

Two nights running now my backup task scripts are reported as corrupt when I come to do a final backup before switching off.

Running TI 9 build 2247.

Load up system, select task, hit edit .... corrupt script o_O :rolleyes: .

Strangely if I RUN the script it is fine, cancel and then edit and it is fine.

Why should this be happening please o_O?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Carol,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response. I'm also really sorry for your inconvenience caused by such a behaviour of Acronis software.

Please do as I have suggested in this previous post of mine and see if the problem still persists with the latest (2270) build of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If the problem still persists then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the error message.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Registered Member

Build 2270? According to the updates page 2259 is the latest build. Is there a Build 2270 now, confused...

CaH

4. CarolHaynes

Trouble is I keep sending stuff to support (including loads of screen shots) but I don't seem to get anything useful back. They do respond promptly (requesting yet more screen shots - though how standard images of your own wizards help I really don't know) but so far I haven't actually been given any help!

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

6. CarolHaynes

It is listed correctly now on the website

7. CarolHaynes

Latest build (2270) seems (at first inspection anyway) to correct the batch file before/after script bug.

8. CarolHaynes

Spoke too soon ...

Here is a batch file to shutdown the system when the backup is complete:

Filename: batch.bat

echo off
    cls
    shutdown -s -t 60
    echo "Press a key to abort shutdown"
    pause
    shutdown -a
    echo Shutdown Aborted
    echo Press a key to continue
    pause

This is saved on my desktop. If I double click the batch file it shuts the system down, with the option to abort shutdown for up to 60 seconds.

If I use this as the 'after' backup scripts the shutdown commands generate an error in the DOS window that says: "A required privilege is not held by the client."

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2, and have checked that the DOS file is still running under my user credentials (as an admin) so what privilege am I short of when this is executed by TrueImage o_O

9. Acronis Support

Hello CarolHaynes,

Please note that the "after" backup script is executed after Acronis True Image 9.0 creates a snapshot(which takes only some seconds) of the disk drive (the backup process itself is carried out after the script had been run). So in your case if you choose to execute your batch file as an "after" script then the computer would shut down during the backup process is performed. This situation would probably cause some problems. The "after" script is used when you wish to start some vital services (i.e. exchange server) on your computer that need to be stopped at the start of image creation and should be restarted right after.

However if you want to run "after" script please try the following tip:

- Copy your batch file to some other folder (not located on a desktop or in "Documents and Settings" directory) and see if the problem still persist.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

10. CarolHaynes

I understand what you are saying with respect to after scripts but I'm not sure that is what actually happens.

When I execute a backup task the before task is done, the backup task starts and runs to completion (the window showing progress is onscreen). The after task doesn't appear to start until the 'process complete' confirmation appears o_O

Actually from my point of view it would be really nice if one of the backup script options was 'Shutdown on completion', that way I could simply leave the computer to do its thing at the end of the day and it would turn itself off at the end! Any chance of getting this added (it really is a trivial addtion).

11. Acronis Support

Hello CarolHaynes,

Please note that you can perform backup operation when computer is turned off by scheduling a task with the approprial option("When computer shuts down" on the "Start Parameters" page of the wizard). Using a batch in your case is not necessary.

However if you still experience troubles with executing a batch file please make some screen shots describing this issue and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

12. CarolHaynes

That is true, BUT I want it to perform the backup at the end of the day, not the first time it shutsdown each day. If I have to restart my computer I don't want to be waiting half an hour for it to restart while a backup is performed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.