just a question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zfactor, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

on advanced heuristics. following blacspears config, i have it set on now. is this something i should leave on or only when doing a scan. if left on will it add any slowdown to the pc. thanks

2. zfactor

by the way i meant the advanced heuristics in the actual scanner, i know it does take longer to scan which is fine no problem there just wondering if it should be set to on all the time.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Best thing to do is try it for awhile.

I don't use any command line options. Advanced heuristics are enabled in Imon and Amon for my use.

In the desktop, on demand module, I don't enable advanced heuristics normally.
    At times, I may want to do an on demand scan with all options enabled.

I can't tell the difference in speed either way.

4. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

Yes, IMHO leave it on!
    If you browse through the forum you'll see plenty of threads when AH has prevented a new variant of a worm or a totally new virus from infecting someone, long before anyone had a signature. I had several such cases myself. So that minor slowdown it might add (still much faster than, let's say, a Nxxxx Antivirus 2005) is absolutely worth the price.

Look here for some AH achievements: http://www.nod32.com/about/press.htm

5. zfactor

do you guys know if eset just did not participate in the av-test.org tests? just wondering why they were not included in this test as far as reponse times etc... any info on this thanks very much

6. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

you are referring to this entry?

PS. Check out VirusBulletin.com. As far as I know, that site is more widely accepted and trusted. And NOD32 has five nice "100%" entries next to it. :D (In the latest comparative review. It was conducted in 05 February, while the above one was done in 04 September.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.