just a few questions.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jdemnyan1116, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Registered Member

I have spywareblaster installed. When I click on the icon to check for updates, it says loading protection. Does that mean that it is not on until you click on the icon? or does it work in the background when you turn on your computer automatically? Also will spyware guard (which I haven't downloaded yet) work with most antivirus and firewall programs. I have Norton firewall and antivirus 2005 installed, along with Spybot, HJT, and adware SE. Can you turn off spywareguard if needed?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi jdemnyan1116. :)

Do u mean when u open the GUI, it says loading protection database?

Is so, that is normal. Also SpywareBlaster is not a running process so once u have enabled all protection that is all u have to do, other than checking for updates once a week or so.

As for Spywareguard, i have never had any problems running it along with any AV or FW, i have ever used. I also use Spybot S&D and Ad-aware Plus with no conflicts at all.

Yes, if needed, Spywareguard can be disabled.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  3. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Registered Member

Thanks for the response. Questions answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.