jusched.exe

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

[Solved] jusched.exe

Is it not possible to turn this off?

I uncheck "Check for updates automatically" in the Updates tab of the Java Control Panel, click Apply and close the panel.

I look in the Task manager and jusched.exe is still there. I look again in the Updates tab of the Java Control Panel and "Check for updates automatically" is back to the "checked" status.

This is with version 6, update 26 on a Win 7 PC in admin mode.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

vasa1, if you are running CCleaner, go to Tools > Startup > find and disable jusched.exe. Or use MSCONFIG to do the same.

5. RedDawn

RedDawn Registered Member

Navigate to - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javacpl.exe --> Right-click and run as Admin.

Update settings should now save.

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thanks, Ronjor, JR, and RedDawn.

The solution provided by RedDawn does the trick. But it's not apparent to us noobs.

I use CCleaner as well to see what unwanted things start up but I was wondering why just unchecking was not effective and reverting to the checked state even though it was an "admin" session.

The right-click and Run as admin does the trick. Thanks, once again :)

7. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

AnVir Task Manager Free is great for stuff like this. It detects startup items (including jusched.exe) that were added since the last time you ran it, and let's you "quarantine" them (just stops them from auto-starting - you can still start them manually). AnVir Task Manager is also useful for re-enabling auto-starts or starting them manually.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks, I was wondering why Java Control Panel doesn't work. Why can't Oracle fix something like this?

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

this is what I did and works very well ;)

10. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I do use CCleaner for preventing the "run at start up" of certain other programs but I was curious to know why this setting wasn't "taking" even though the facility is there. Plus, I'd rather use a program's built-in option rather than CCleaner when not much digging around is needed.

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Yes, another of these little mysteries revealed!

12. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

It's User Account Control that's the instigator of this issue. You can turn it off, make your changes, and turn it back on. It works, but RedDawn's way is much simpler.

13. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Turning off a security feature for one of the most heavily exploited software/plugin in the world? No thanks.

14. guest

guest Guest

Usually, people here know of a new available Java update way before Oracle starts to distribute it for the autoupdate feature (jusched online check). So, for many, it's a pointless feature, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.